1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man of Steel - Highly Recommended

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by John L., Jun 13, 2013.

What did you think of Man of Steel?

1. Loved it, hoping for a sequel!

2. Good, but not great...

3. Terrible, they never do Superman movies justice!

0 vote(s)
  4. Not a fan of these movies in general...

1. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

Saw it last night with a few friends from work. I'm lucky that my job has connections with companies like Marvel and DC so I get invited to these premiers in NYC. It was a visually gorgeous movie, very imaginative and the fighting scenes were pure insanity. It wasn't the perfect movie, but so far it's class of the Summer imo. I would put this over Star Trek. When you get a chance to see it, tell me what you think!
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

How does it compare to 300, my favorite Zack Synder movie?
  3. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

My work is having an outing tomorrow that includes this movie. Glad to hear it's worth it!
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Not feeling his new 52 costume.

5. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'll hold judgement until I've watched this one but from what I've seen of the trailer it doesn't look as bad as I thought.
  6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

We have some free tickets to the cinema, so we are going to try and go and see it tomorrow night.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

someone tell me how did lois always get to where superman was when they were fighting all over metropolis. she can't run that fast :LOL:
  8. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

I don't see any curl... where is it? :confused:
    DRE likes this.
  9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

They got rid of his cowlick in their effort to 'modernize' him. smh
    Shelley likes this.
  10. Shelley

One of my questions when superman brought lois into the air when they flew at high altitude is how she breathed in the thin air. :confused: That one always had me stumped. :D
    Jeffin likes this.
  11. Stallyon

Stallyon Active Member

I thought Kevin Costner was dead. I haven't seen him in any major movies since the '90s except maybe Mr. Brooks in '07. He went underground after he mad a hash of it in that horrible Waterworld in '95 followed by a pointless Tin Cup in '96.
  12. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Done watching last 3 hours :)
    Nice (y)
  13. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

For Love of the Game is one of my favorite baseball stories ... 'mechanism on' ....
  14. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this yet, looking forward to it though.
  15. Magic

Magic Active Member

Took my son last night to see it.

We both Loved it, highly recommended ;)
    Shelley likes this.
  16. Shelley

It's been getting some good reviews so my thinking has gone from Meh!! to Maybe to definitely will be going to watch this.
  17. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

My friend called to tell me he has seen it several times now: opening night, Friday, Saturday and he said he's going back again today.
    Lucas likes this.
  18. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

Well that can be explained scientifically. The speed at which they were flying caused the air in front of her nose to compress and therefore providing her with the recommeded level of oxygen for her to breathe in. She may have struggled when he slowed down. :D:p (Joking)
  19. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

The reversing time by changing the spin of the Earth didn't other you but breathing at high altitude did?
  20. Shelley

Yes. I wanted to see her blood boiling and fizzing out.
    BirdOPrey5 likes this.