Making Money from Adsense

You people make so much with adsense I am embarrassed to even have a few dollars in my account. I've had my account for years and have only made a few dollars.
Don't be. I was like that for 2 years before deciding to make bigger investments such as purchasing CODForums and MW3Blog, and ever since that move....kaboom. I made more than 20 dollars in just 2 months. You just need to be committed to success.
I just added my sites tro the authorized list and already have this one showing up as unauthozized. Would it be Ok to allow it?
translate.googleusercontent.com

I would think so being it is a google website.
Ya know, it's funny, I was going to ask myself the same thing a few weeks ago.

Sorry for taking this a little off-topic, but is anyone on Amazon Associates' program? I find it much better than Google Adsense in terms of bringing in money. The graphic banner widgets also look much better than the text-based Google Adsense Ads.

Sorry for taking this a little off-topic, but is anyone on Amazon Associates' program? I find it much better than Google Adsense in terms of bringing in money. The graphic banner widgets also look much better than the text-based Google Adsense Ads.

It depends on your niche and how your content is displayed. If you have the type of site where showing the amazon ads and getting purchases then I say go for it. With some niches there are no products on amazon that really relate to their niche so it makes it touch to do the amazon ads. I think that is where viglink and the other one have their place.

It depends on your niche and how your content is displayed. If you have the type of site where showing the amazon ads and getting purchases then I say go for it. With some niches there are no products on amazon that really relate to their niche so it makes it touch to do the amazon ads. I think that is where viglink and the other one have their place.

Thanks, GR
What's interesting is that I actually find that perhaps 60%-70% of the people purchased stuff that is non related to what my website covers. They would browse around stuff and decide they need new batteries, new soap, new shaver and so on.

It depends on your niche and how your content is displayed. If you have the type of site where showing the amazon ads and getting purchases then I say go for it.

Very true, if you ran a forum about Books, Music and Movies your onto a winner using Amazon. They sell lots of Books, Movies and DVD Albums.

Any suggestions? My adsense revenue has decreased by over 50% since switching from vB to XenForo. I have been using XenForo Since early July and my 7 day results decreases more and more daily.

Any suggestions? My adsense revenue has decreased by over 50% since switching from vB to XenForo. I have been using XenForo Since early July and my 7 day results decreases more and more daily.
My earnings are up compared to this same period last year before switching to xF. I think it's the Summer slowdown.

Asense revenue is down this month, I think it is the mid summer thing. I am sure next month it will pick back up.

I wouldn't attribute Xenforo to being the cause of less revenue. If the ad placements and quantity of ads are different then it will affect revenue.

I've been using adsense for years - have never made a ton of money with it... I think the most was about 400/mo when I had a popular jetski site. They did disable it on one of my sites (googlemusicservice.com - sold it a month or so ago) because it had the word google in the domain name, but it remains active on my other sites.

A friend of mine uses prosperent and is making a ton on it. I gave it a shot and made nothing :)

I find it hard to believe myself some people are making so much money with AdSense, to the point they don't even need to work any other job to earn money. I'm not saying some don't earn good money from it, but I'm very sceptical about it all when people claim they are making this and that from it.

Sometimes I think people just say it trying to drive traffic towards their own site, joining asking questions there on how they do it. I've also got quite an interesting story below, I'm sure Mark won't mind me quoting him on this one.

Mark.B - who owns BCForums recently put Google AdSense Ads up about a month ago for a short while "as a test to see what could be earned from it". Now normally he runs an Ads Free community using vBulletin and his forum in question has over 80,000+ threads, with over a million posts listed. He told me he made pennies after a week or two putting AdSense up in place - so removed them all again soon after.

The test was a complete failure for him! He only did it to prove a point and see, if in fact he could earn good money using his community like people claim you can from Google AdSense.

With that many threads and posts listed all indexed well by Google. He should have been making more than that if your to believe what people claim they make with much less content listed on their forums. I understand that the Niche comes into play with regards to getting the best high paying advertisers wanting to put their ads via Google on your community to make you big money. But still, making pennies after a week or two with 80,000+ threads all showing AdSense ads?

Not often do you hear from people running a very large forum that it was a waste of time. Mark.B - is one of those who did come clean and was honest in saying he made nothing from it with his Big Board (and it is one). He wasn't trying any con anyone into joining, he admitted it was a waste of time for him personally making only pennies.

Not often do you hear from people running a very large forum that it was a waste of time. Mark.B - is one of those who came clean and was honest in saying he made nothing from it with his Big Board (and it is one).

I thought the same, we've got a similar sized forum and were making pennies from Adsense. One of our members works in that industry and had been to a few google adsense seminars and pointed out a few things (such as our ads were set to text only and not "rich media" and that our placement was a bit crap). I made a few simple changes and went from earning almost nothing to making a serious contribution to our server costs.

Our Page RPM (revenue per 1000 impressions) went from around £0.02 to more like £0.30.

Yeah - some sites do great w/ adsense.. some don't. One of the main things is putting the ads in the right heat zones.. like a left side skyscraper will do much better than a header ad i've found.. I don't make much anymore with it, but I keep trying :)

Mark - at the time did have one very good placement that got your mouse hovering over two (side-by-side) "image only" ads naturally, your mouse just landed on them each time for the most part when reading threads. That's why I was surprised really by what he said. He did have what I would have considered a bad placement in the header using text-ads, which I personally think are a No, No for using now a days.

But the other was a very good placement using two image ads displayed in 80,000+ threads. I would have expected better results there on money made from that one placement alone.

I do like to study good Ads placement myself. My view is one that when a person leaves a page to view another web-page with ads displayed on it. Their mouse cursor for the most part should be naturally hovering over the image advert to help get you accidental click-thru rates made. Rather than you having to rely on people clicking them on purpose much more. Which of course most people visiting your forum won't do these days because just about everyone on the web knows what a Google AdSense advert looks like and avoids doing it, or even blocks them using programs like AdBlocker.

How many clicks was he getting though? For 100,000 page views we'll be lucky to get 100 clicks. It used to be more like 10.

I have no idea on that one, I just know he told me he made pennies mainly, or just over a £1 at most after a full week showing them. So he removed them all. When he reads this (if he does, because he comes here) He will most likely explain a lot more himself about the test he ran, he does own an XenForo licence as well.

I'd say they definitely have the potential to make a lot from them. I can see how a really busy forum would make £1000s a month but I can also see how it's very easy to make practically nothing from them.

Offtopic
How is experiences of all people here about Chitika?. Someone say it is better than Adsense and some say it is very bad.

Generally I've heard, never used it though. That it doesn't pay as much as AdSense from people who used AdSense, got banned, then turned to using another ads program like Chitika.

At the end of the day, people don't choose to use Google AdSense first for nothing. It's because AdSense is the best for earning money from, otherwise they'd be leaving it in their droves and signing-up with Chitika overnight. It speaks for itself really!

I guess if you was running a small none niche site, one that doesn't attract the big paying advertisers there showing ads. Things might be very similar on earnings between the two. But when coming to a good "niche site" that can attract the big paying advertisers, you'd have to say Google has them in the bag to earn you much more money.

I think that's probably the biggest difference, a lot depends of what type of advertisers your forum is capable of drawing in. Big payers or Small payers?

Many people tend to think what matters most is good placement of ads, sure it does matter obviously to get you more clicks happening. But more importantly, is the type of advertisers your community can draw in. Hence why you tend to see Internet Brands buying up "Car" forums and other good niche type forums that they know can bring in big paying advertisers. They choose carefully the "niche" they want to buy knowing that, you can learn a lot studying what the big players actually do to earn it, rather than listening to web gossip.

Many people tend to think what matters most is good placement of ads, sure it does matter obviously to get you more clicks happening. But more importantly, is the type of advertisers your community can draw in. Hence why you tend to see Internet Brands buying up "Car" forums and other good niche type forums that they know can bring in big paying advertisers. They choose carefully the "niche" they want to buy knowing that, you can learn a lot studying what the big players actually do to earn it, rather than listening to web gossip.
That is about it. I don't gets tons of traffic on my site, but I am pushing out a little over 10k ad impressions a day and pulling about $0.52 RPM. Add that and the 3-5 clicks a day and I usually hover in that $3-4 a day. But then there are days where I push 5k ads, get 10 clicks and only make $2. I think if I tried to figure out what makes Adsense tick, I would go crazy.

Russ

Top Bottom