XF 1.3 making a xenforo website work offline please help

Ian S

hi all, we have recently started to build a new site which runs xf 1.3.0, ive read the instructions in this link and ive got 80% threw, but I want to run a backup of the site offline, ive taken a complete ftp backup from the site and new to know where I new to redirect the link to work the site offline and not to install xf

ive got all the zampp control panel setup and I have a complete ftp backup I wanted to try add ons offline before we go live, im not a complete newbie just abit out of touch all help and advice is greatly appreciated thanx

thanx chris for the prompt reply ive read this guide, but i have a backup ready to use of the site, do i still have to install xenforo then??, though i maybe able to just use something to start the site in the backup thanx again

thanx guys ive read both maybe im more a newbie than i though, so basically can i run a complete ftp backup of a xenforo site on my pc offline

ok thanx brogan im going to have to do some more reading then ive got xampp and all the site details and passwords is it easy to to this matey, sorry for the noob questions :(

ok so i managed to get a new xenforo install to work with xampp on my pc, its loaded all the files and it works off line which is brilliant but im now stuck, i used a directory called root where its copied the new xenforo installation too, but i need to get the official site across, how do i backup the official site up with mysql??? im using winscp as the ftp, i have a complete backup as in files and directories off the ftp, is there a way of manually moving files or do i need to use mysql?? thanx in advance

my next question is there a quick guide on using mysql

I'm not sure what you're asking.

You need to export the database from your live site, FTP the file to your PC, import it to your local installation.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

You need to export the database from your live site, FTP the file to your PC, import it to your local installation.

ok mate basically i want to get a live xenforo site which is not being used currently and i want to get the complete useable site on my pc to play with addons etc so i dont screw the live site, to access the ftp i have winscp, i have copied all the files on the ftp server to my pc manually, ive not used mysql which is the problem, im not a complete noob but im having problem getting the live site to work offline on my pc with xampp.

i was asking if i could manually move then to get it to work, but by the sounds of it i need mysql to backup the complete site

ok so got abit further i didnt manage to export a mysql but the server on our current vb3.7 automatically backs everything up theres about 7/8 sql files, i thought id try and import these instead to see what it did but its made the xenforo on my pc crash so ive got to start again if i could export from our new unused xenforo site then i may have a chance, is there a guide i could use i dont fully understand the terms used in the above guide, thanks

ok back to this lol is there a way to do a full import offline?? ok then i use the server to import the proper one, if i put the db i need to remove from in same place what would the location be for xmapp thanx

ok so i put my vb db into xmapp minus the picture as i kept getting a error, i have the master xf db in the same db, what command line do i need to get it to the attachments that are located in the xmapp directory on my c drive

is it c:\xmapp\community\attachments/attachments

as i keep getting a error of attachments not found, the rest works

Top Bottom