XF 1.3 making a xenforo website work offline please help

Ian S

hi all, we have recently started to build a new site which runs xf 1.3.0, ive read the instructions in this link and ive got 80% threw, but I want to run a backup of the site offline, ive taken a complete ftp backup from the site and new to know where I new to redirect the link to work the site offline and not to install xf

ive got all the zampp control panel setup and I have a complete ftp backup I wanted to try add ons offline before we go live, im not a complete newbie just abit out of touch all help and advice is greatly appreciated thanx

1. Make a complete db backup of your site and files.
  2. Move the files (not the db backup) to c:\xampp\htdocs\liveback
  3. Move the db backup to C:\liveback and rename the sql file as db so the final name is db.sql
  4. Open command prompt as Administrator and enter this code
    Code:
    C:\xampp\mysql\bin\mysql -u root -p < c:\liveback\db.sql
  5. It might ask for the password if you have set it. It will take time depending on the db size to import.
Edit: By command prompt I mean the one that comes with xampp control panel.

thanx mate i can do this already, but xf looks for the attachments folder when importing, and im getting a error saying the attachments cant be found

Try entering this instead if you've installed the xf on the root
Code:
community/attachments

if in a another folder like xfdemo or something
Code:
../community/attachments

thanx mate i can do this already, but xf looks for the attachments folder when importing, and im getting a error saying the attachments cant be found
Why are you doing an import?

Are you trying to duplicate your site on localhost or actually do an import?

no is the long and short of that, basically rather than disrupt the dev site i wanted to try and import to my localhost, as you know i couldnt get the test site to work with admin protected, i have many master imports that i want to get to a certain stage so when i do the main import i have less downtime which is still going to be about 8 hours, i also wanted to do another full test import without disrupting the dev site, im close now to getting the site online so im getting closer, the help was for the command line i need to import the attachments is what i need if it will work, the vb and xf dbs are in my localhost ive copied the attachments to c:\xmapp\htdocs\community\attachments but when i tell it this for the path for attachments i get a error saying attachments not found, ive tried loads of examples and cant get anything to work offline import wise.

the others all work 100% once i copy a working db across

sorry mate basically i want to

do a fresh import into xmapp

vb db in localhost
xf db in localhost

attachments copy @ c:\xmapp\htdocs\community\attachments

What is your base installation for localhost?

A new, clean install of XenForo?
Or a duplicate of your existing XenForo live site?

So in which case, just run the regular import function.

You will need to enter the correct path for avatars and attachments.
If the message states they can't be found then the path is incorrect.

indeed but they are there am i using the right path??
c:\xmapp\htdocs\community\attachments\ ??

should it be c:\xmapp\htdocs\community/attachments/ maybe changing these\\ in some places to these //

You should be able to get it working using the absolute or relative path.

Are you sure you are entering the correct path for the installation you are importing from?

here are all the pics to proof im not going mad lol, i dont need to run filezilla in phpmyadmin do i,
attachments where they are on c:
pic 1,2,3,4 what im doing lol all in xmapp

Attachments

• attachments.webp
    attachments.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 7
  • pic1.webp
    pic1.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 6
  • pic2.webp
    pic2.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 5
  • pic3.webp
    pic3.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 5
  • pic4.webp
    pic4.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
no its not, jake told me to put a copy of the vb attachments in the xf directory which works on the live server import as i had got errors with the original vb location, all steps for the xmapp work apart from the error,

if i copy the live dev db and import it, theres no problems

as i said earlier i wanted to do this because i couldnt get a test xf install protected on the server to work properly, and i dont want to disrupt the dev site as its nearly finish now

here are all the pics to proof im not going mad lol, i dont need to run filezilla in phpmyadmin do i,
attachments where they are on c:
pic 1,2,3,4 what im doing lol all in xmapp
fgdhfdghfd.webp

In windows, you really won't get much results with \ and / in your file path, \ is correct for a Windows file path

Go here with your browser, if your attachments show up this is the correct URI

file:///C:/xampp/htdocs/community/attachments

if it is correct you should put the following in the attachments directory field

C:\xampp\htdocs\community\attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom