make XF-Forum into a Facebook-App

erich37

as there are many Facebook-Apps out there, it would be great to somehow being able to make my very own XF-Forum into a Facebook-App.

Soon :) Some are already testing my site like this. Somehow I never saw this thread til pointed out just now.

When I worked at Clearwire which is a Internet ISP we weren't allowed on outside sites except for google and facebook. At work or school, sometimes people aren't allowed to access outside sites but sometimes facebook is allowed. The facebook app is a sneaky way to get people to your site who normally can't.

I mentioned this on another site and have seen various negative reactions about a Facebook App.

I guess some people don't care about gaining new members or increasing their site's activity and SEO?

I mentioned this on another site and have seen various negative reactions about a Facebook App.

I guess some people don't care about gaining new members or increasing their site's activity and SEO?

that's the trick: :D
put your Forum as an app into Facebook and gain members and content.
Just need to make sure that you own the content and also know the user-data (registration data).

If you don't like FB anymore, just pull the App from FB and that's it. You still have the Forum-content (from FB users) and FB-users might still stay on your Forum and continue to use it.
Even if it's not a FB-app anymore.

Let's call it: stealing pulling members from FB into your forum ;)

:coffee:

that's the trick: :D
put your Forum as an app into Facebook and gain members and content.
Just need to make sure that you own the content and also know the user-data (registration data).

If you don't like FB anymore, just pull the App from FB and that's it. You still have the Forum-content (from FB users) and FB-users might still stay on your Forum and continue to use it.
Even if it's not a FB-app anymore.

Let's call it: stealing pulling members from FB into your forum ;)

:coffee:
Are you using the app?

Are you using the app?

nope, I did not get an invite from the coder o_O:D;)

Not sure if I will want to use it, since I do not like FarceBook very much.

Anyway, good to see that somebody turned this into reality and did not shy away from obviously lots of work to code this stuff (y)

Top Bottom