Implemented Make "+" more visible!

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Here's what it would look like as a button

button.webp

I do think it could be more visible, people unfamiliar with it may not notice it and if they do notice it might respond with "what's this + here for?"

It's easily styled.

Code:
.MultiQuoteControl .symbol
{
    // desired styling here
}

You could probably also do a couple of simple template edits.

Looking at the code:

HTML:
<a href="threads/make-more-visible.67154/reply?quote=705351" data-add="+" data-remove="−" data-messageid="705351" class="MultiQuoteControl item control" title="Add or Remove this message to Multi-Quote"><span></span><span class="symbol">+</span></a>

I think there could be a couple of changes here.

First the data-add and data-remove attributes would likely enable you to replace that with "Include Multi Quote" and "Exclude Multi Quote" (or similar) and maybe one more edit to set its default state to match one of those strings, and you should get this:

upload_2014-1-22_13-4-16.webp

Or this:

upload_2014-1-22_13-4-50.webp

Do you not think that the button looks slightly out of place among the other controls? They all serve a post-related purpose and should look similar IMO

Yeah, it looks bad as a button in my opinion. I just felt bad immediately shooting down his idea so I figured I'd just show him without actually commenting on how it looked lol

Yeah, it looks bad as a button in my opinion. I just felt bad immediately shooting down his idea so I figured I'd just show him without actually commenting on how it looked lol
Well; I'd be fine with that button - but new users would definitely have a hard time figuring out how to use it. Of course we can style it to suit our needs.

I wonder why instead of the "+" it isn't just saying "Multiquote" or "+Multiquote" (to show that this adds something)? Just my ideas...
Because Kier & Mike believe in simplicity, hence why we're not bombarded with images when browsing. It's worked for them so far!

Top Bottom