Make changing the profile page easier for the user

xenDach

Hi,

I love Xen. However, I also see some UI concepts, where I think, why not go all out modern like with the overlays and ajax too? Not so much to overload, but where it makes sense. Kier will probably slap me for this thread and I bet he probably knows or will want to do this kind of stuff already :p, but here goes anyway.

Why have separate and sort of dislocated pages for the user to change things on their profile page?

Example 1

profileinfo1.webp

profileinfo5.webp

Example 2 :)

profileinfo3.webp

profileinfo4.webp

Don't slap me Kier!:D Hope I could help!

xenDach

Upvote 9
[ot]Example 2 is not true;)
You can unfollow them in there "member popup", which appears when you click on the avatar.
But it's also not optimal, because the first popup gets closed:( ( already suggested a change)
[/ot]

Um, I am talking about unfollowing directly out of the list of followed users from your own profile page. Not from the profile pages of other users. I think that is what you mean, right?

xenDach

I mean, that it's already possible, with just one click more, as with your method.
But it "sucks", because after unfollowing, i don't get back to the follower popup
follow.webp

follow2.webp

I know Kier has this sort of thing in mind. The change avatar function does exactly what I mean very nicely. Click on your avatar on your profile page and there you have a really nice overlay for adding your avatar.:)

xenDach

Not essential by any means, but I support both ideas. In fact, I also suggested something along those lines myself: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/inline-editing-of-info-tab-in-profile.1764/

So now I've liked your suggestion, you have to like mine as well...
wink.png

Done. But we'll have to be careful. Kier might think we are convincing each other and possibly others to like things just to get more points.:p (it's an inside joke)

xenDach

Top Bottom