Lack of interest Make Automatically Closing a Poll More Customizable

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Amaury

Currently, we can have a poll automatically close after X hours, days, weeks, or months. The problem is you can't be specific, as in you can't choose the minutes. If I make a poll for this thread and want it to automatically close at 11:59 PM tonight, I can't do that--at least not easily. I could choose 10 hours from now, but that would close it at 12:20 AM tomorrow, or I could choose nine hours, but that would close it at 11:20 PM. The current time is 2:20 PM, and it goes from the time you add or edit the poll.

The only way I could have this close at 11:59 PM is if I waited until 2:59 PM.

So my proposal is instead of this:

Poll 1.webp

Have this:

Poll 2.webp

Cal = Calendar, DD = Dropdown

I know, my mockup is horrible, but it should be clear:
  • An input box for the date. Clicking in it would bring up the calendar to choose the date.
  • A phrased "at"
  • A dropdown input box to choose the hours
  • A colon
  • A dropdown input box to choose the minutes
  • A dropdown input box to choose whether it's AM or PM

However, it would also follow the same date/time format you have set in your languages. So if you chose military time, there would be more hours in the hours dropdown and the AM/PM dropdown would not show for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If I'm following @Amaury correctly, I agree that being able to specify a date time for when a poll should close would be a useful option, rather than being limited to specifying a relative duration.

i.e. set poll to close at 11:59pm on Friday 31st July 2015 without having to time the publication of the poll thread or editing the SQL database.

Precisely.

If you want it to close at 11:59 PM on August 8, 2015, for example, the only way to have it close at the time you want (without having to go into the database) is to wait until it's :59 at whatever hour and then choose the appropriate amount of days/hours.

Be sure to click that like link on my OP if you agree wit this. :)

Top Bottom