Maintaining Integrity of Required Custom User Fields

Rob

Can anyone tell me if users are forced to fill required custom user fields after registration? I know 1.1 did not enforce this except at registration... Has this been addressed in 1.2 or @Mike 1.3?

If the field was created after they registered, they will be prompted to complete it the next time they edit their profile personal details page.

If the field was created after they registered, they will be prompted to complete it the next time they edit their profile personal details page.
As always... thanks for the prompt response. I'm looking for a way to force required fields at all times... I remember Vbulletin did this. Some fields are mission critical and we can't force everyone to update their profile.

I'm talking about making a 'new' field and marking it as required. I'd expect a future release to handle the scenario as expected and I know others had the same request... Could it at least be an option?

One possible way would be to create a new user group with limited permissions and add all of the users to it - or just reduce the permission set of the Registered user group (the latter is how I would do it).

Then create a user group promotion which adds them to another group with regular permissions once they complete the field.

Reactions: Rob
Top Bottom