XF 2.0 Custom User Fields & User Title Ladder

JonUrban

I upgraded my vB4 forum to XF2 last year, and everything seems to be fine. However, a member pointed out to me that there was info in the old forum about each user that he could not fine in the new forum software. I checked the XF Admin area and I see all of the fields imported from the vB user info stuff appearing as "Custom User Fields". However, I can't figure out where the heck this info can be seen in the forum. I checked the user profiles of multiple members and it's not there.

One other thing I never noticed before. A user complained to me that he still had a user title of "New Member" when he has been a member for over a year and has over 60 posts. I checked my "User Title Ladder" and "New Member" should be gone after 10 posts. So this isn't working either.

I am sure this is something that I either screwed up or did not implement properly, so can someone tell me what to look for? I checked usergroup permissions and everywhere I could think of but can't seem to find a check box or setting that I need to change.

Thanks

:-jon

www.quadraphonicquad.com

OK, I've been digging around the Admin area and the User Manual, and it appears that new members are getting their User Title filled in by default as 'NEW MEMBER', which causes the ladder not to work because, according to the user manual, if there is a custom user title in that data field, the ladder will not work.

So I deleted the users custom title, leaving the field empty, and his displayed title in forum threads changed to the proper title he should have received from the ladder.

So, can anyone tell me where, or point me in the proper direction, as to where I can find out where this info is coming from? I checked USER REGISTRATION and did not find an section for default user title.

Thanks - I am trying....

There isn't anything in the core that explicitly sets custom user titles like that (and I haven't heard of that happening before). It's possible they may have been set like that when you imported and thus those were brought across?

There isn't anything in the core that explicitly sets custom user titles like that (and I haven't heard of that happening before). It's possible they may have been set like that when you imported and thus those were brought across?

Thanks Mike. That is a great explanation and what probably happened. I'll create a thread asking members who are "stuck" in that mode to let me know and I'll delete that user titles.

(NOTE: I am now on 2.1)

It appears that last year when I imported my vB Forum to xF 2.0, the importer inserted whatever the current (at the time) vB User Title of each member into the 'Custom User Title' field in the xF 2.0 database. This was fine, but because it entered these titles as custom user fields, they no longer are affected by the ladder in the field title scheme. Consequently, they never change now.

As indicated from the posts above, when I delete the custom user tile of an individual member in xF 2.0/2.1, the member now is returned to the ladder and is assigned the proper custom user title.

So, is there an easy way to delete ALL custom user titles in my database? If I could do that, everyone would be back on the ladder, and those with actual custom user titles would have to reenter them on their own.

Thanks.

Top Bottom