- Admin can set up mailing lists - title, description. The description describes the type of email people will receive. (Ours will be latest news/reviews/articles newsletters for home cinema, movies, gaming, technology etc.)
- Members can subscribe/unsubscribe via a mailing list page.
- You compose newsletters externally or maybe using redactor. HTML and plain text versions (there should always be a plain text version).
- You test the newsletter by sending to yourself from the system.
- You send the newsletter to the selected mailing list(s). Our current mailing list is over 150,000 recipients.
- The system uses the Amazon SES (Simple Email Service) API to send the emails and process bounces and unsubscribes. Automatically unsubscribing necessary members from the mailing lists with an alert sent to them informing them of their unsubscription.
- You pay Amazon for the cost of sending the emails. It's not expensive.
That's the idea. In a nutshell. Without fleshing out the details.