XF 1.1 Mail users stopps at 200

polle

Hi, I am trying to send my users a mail.

I have everything ok and when hit send I get:

Sending 200 / 5000 and it get stalled there, trying to load again but showing same numbers. So its not going forward, just 200 all the time.

How can I fix this ?

Thanks.

Maybe not the correct answer - but does your host put limits on the about of emails you can send using their relays?

Personally, I never trust sending out large email lists using the basics built into CMS or forum packages - I export the email addresses and load them into mailchimp, etc.

I sent a mail out to 4,500 users the other day, and they all went through OK. EXIM queued them, and they went out over the space of 3 hours.

If you're using your Gmail account to send those messages, there are going to be hourly and daily caps. You have to check on Google's site for current restrictions. They may be different for business class Google Apps accounts, which is what i use. You have to check your server if you're using SendMail.

But is it active for your forum mail? If you're not certain what to do, ask your host about the proper settings. It may be easier than to go into Plesk, which is not my personal cup of tea or realm of expertise.

Do any e-mails get sent from the forum? I'd have thought that if it's set to default, then it will be using sendmail via php on the server to send the mails. I have mine set up to send via SMTP, which if you were using google to send the mails, this would need to be set via the ACP?

Do any e-mails get sent from the forum? I'd have thought that if it's set to default, then it will be using sendmail via php on the server to send the mails. I have mine set up to send via SMTP, which if you were using google to send the mails, this would need to be set via the ACP?

It seems that the first 200 users, then the loop started.

What should I change ?

Top Bottom