XF 2.1 Mail notifications for Discussions

7ore

Is there a way to configure notifications for Discussions so we can show the message in the mail and that if a user replies to that mail, it gets posted in the discussion thread?

We might have missed some setting for this, as we have seen a number of users simply replying to a discussion message and that is reaching our mail but not the discussion.
The workaround for now is to not include the message in the mail. But I would prefer to show it.

Edit:It was mainly conversations I meant. The mixup is due to the translation we use (at least I blame that).

Last edited:
The workaround for now is to not include the message in the mail. But I would prefer to show it.

I have edited the email template to have a dirty great big red text saying DO NOT REPLY YOU MUST VISIT THE FORUM.

Also I use a noreply email sending address, and the bounce message from the server is customised to tell them they erroneously replied to a notification.

Last edited:
I have edited the email template to have a dirty great big rted text saying DO NOT REPLY YOU MUST VISIT THE FORUM.

Also I use a norpely email sending address, and the bounce message from the server is customised to tell them they erroneously replied to a notification.
That's what I do. At least, what I used to do and what I would do again on any forums where it becomes a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.
It was conversations I have problems with, but it might very well be an issue with all autogenerated mails.
I have a noreply on other parts, so I will need to expand that use.
As well as adding a reminder...

That's what I've done and it doesn't stop people.
It works pretty well for me. I've been doing that since the old vB4 days. Occasionally, someone will need a reminder but it definitely cut down people replying by email a lot.

It's a pretty simple change anyway and it doesn't hurt. Maybe experiment with exactly where you place the bolded red alert in the email template. If it's too far down the page, like below the fold, they may never see it.

Top Bottom