MacRumor is going to move to XF from VB

Nice work.

Love the theme. Will it change much more do you think?

We're definitely making little tweaks here and there, to appease some issues people are having and @Audentio Design is working with us on that. And beyond the tweaks, I have some incremental improvements I want to get working on.

Looks good (y) but very slow at the moment for me. I'm sure you are still working on it.

Ya, we're having some performance issues. Working on it.

arn

Faultless responses to feedback from users (including nitpickers like me!) during the open test fortnight.

Three days or so into the onslaught of feedback following migration: from what I have seen, MacRumors staff are holding things together extraordinarily well.

A simple example: private conversation, before merging topics … with a UI (XenForo) that makes conversation a pleasure.​

More generally, I'm amazed that the tweaks are being made/tested so quickly. And so on … thanks all round!

Incidentally, how does the scale of the MR migration compare to the scales of other big forum migrations in the past?

Just got an email today from MacRumors letting its users know that they have updated their forums to run on XenForo. MacRumors has over 20M posts, and formerly ran on vBulletin.

Looks like they're running a modified UI.X theme.

Congrats to them for the major upgrade and beautiful site.

Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 3.00.22 PM.webp

Top Bottom