Love to know what you are hosting on!

=MGN=RedEagle

Love to know what you are hosting on and how many page views you get :)

My XF site does 7,500 page views a day (last month divided by 31) according to Google Analytics.
I host the site on a much larger server:

SSD space: 418 GB
RAM: 27GB
4 Core 3.4 Gz

SSD 3X120gb soft raid.
RAM 32GB
E 1245v2

My xenforo forum gets about 1000-1100 UV per day and around 2200-2500 page views per day. There are some vbulletin/invision high traffic forums on the same server so it is not just for this xenforo site :)

SSD 3X120gb soft raid.
RAM 32GB
E 1245v2

My xenforo forum gets about 1000-1100 UV per day and around 2200-2500 page views per day. There are some vbulletin/invision high traffic forums on the same server so it is not just for this xenforo site :)
Why so much ram?

Because I use zend opcache and memcached. There are other vbulletin and invision forums on the same server with large databases and have heavy traffic thats why.

CPU - Intel Xeon E3 1245v2
4 cores/ 8 threads
RAM - 32 GB DDR3
Disk - 2 x 120 GB SSD

Hosted a single XenForo Forum with 33,000 to 38,000 pageviews per day.

That smells like SYS to me. No free IPs and one less SSD drive :) I had the same thing and I got a new one two weeks ago which came $7 cheaper and extra drive and also 16 free IPs.

That smells like SYS to me. No free IPs and one less SSD drive :) I had the same thing and I got a new one two weeks ago which came $7 cheaper and extra drive and also 16 free IPs.
Yeah exactly ;)
I purchased it last May :)

I feel really tiny in here :eek:

$5/month DigitalOcean, 100-200 UV/day, 500-1000 Pageviews/day

508 members, 10-20 active members/day, 1.8K+ thread, ~1K post per month with total 48K posts.

About 8000 page views/day...

Self hosted...
Dual Xeon Quad Core 2.5GHz CPUs
16 Gb Ram
2 - 10,000rpm 80Gb drives in RAID 1

1 x Quad-Core Intel Xeon E3-1270 v3
32Gb RAM
1 x 100Gb SSD (off server daily backups)

Approx - 17,000+ page views daily across 2 x XF sites and there are two small business Joomla sites also running... which are local sites and are nothing of a load to the server. There stats are insignificant for any load purpose.

This setup is lucky to reach 0.5 load averages with 700 online.

CPU - Intel Xeon E3 1245v2
4 cores/ 8 threads
RAM - 32 GB DDR3
Disk - 2 x 120 GB SSD

Hosted a single XenForo Forum with 33,000 to 38,000 pageviews per day.

Do you find you have more than enough ram or just enough for the traffic? How about your load, does it average 1-2? Thanks so much! This is really helpful :)

What is SYS?

About 8000 page views/day...

Self hosted...
Dual Xeon Quad Core 2.5GHz CPUs
16 Gb Ram
2 - 10,000rpm 80Gb drives in RAID 1
That a SAS drive? Do you feel like you use up a lot of your resources during peak hours?

1 x Quad-Core Intel Xeon E3-1270 v3
32Gb RAM
1 x 100Gb SSD (off server daily backups)

Approx - 17,000+ page views daily across 2 x XF sites and there are two small business Joomla sites also running... which are local sites and are nothing of a load to the server. There stats are insignificant for any load purpose.

This setup is lucky to reach 0.5 load averages with 700 online.
700 online users? Really?
I don't get more than 30-50 max on my XF.

That a SAS drive? Do you feel like you use up a lot of your resources during peak hours?
Those are 10K SATA drives. Throughput is amazing compared to slower drives. ;)

Resources aren't a problem. I've never seen memory usage go above 3Gb and I don't think I've seen overall load go above 0.50. Most of the time when I've checked, load is sitting between 0.05 and 0.10. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just that I've never seen it.

It's odd that all these people have so much power vs need. I have more than twice what I need and plan to scale down.

It's odd that all these people have so much power vs need. I have more than twice what I need and plan to scale down.
LOL... I only upgraded a couple of months ago because my old server was the last 1U server in my small datacenter. It was loud as all heck and you could hear it even with the door closed.

If I powered it up, it would still happily run my site with power to spare. As a matter of fact I use to chuckle when people would comment about how fast the server was. It was a Dual AMD Opteron 248 (2 single core CPUs) with 16Gb Ram and two 80Gb drives in a raid 1 configuration. The Opteron 248 has been obsolete for years.

It ran both vB and XF at the same time and just kept chugging along without a problem.

Do you find you have more than enough ram or just enough for the traffic?
Yeah I have more than enough RAM :)
But I'm using it on Memcached (4GB) and Zend opcache (512MB) ElasticSearch (1GB) Innodb (4GB)

By the way, I don't aim for much more than ram but aim for faster cpu and having more cores :D

How about your load, does it average 1-2? Thanks so much! This is really helpful :)
upload_2014-9-3_4-48-8.webp

Though it's off peak right now on my site.
Usually it is consuming 0.3 to 0.4 load for peak hours.

What is SYS?
http://www.soyoustart.com/us/

If you're not from Europe and would like to rent a server from there, good luck with that.

I am from Pakistan and I am a customer of OVH, Soyoustart (ever since it was launched) and their Kimsufi range. Never had a problem. All you need to do is choose your location as World from the top right corner on their website and the page would display prices in USD and products that are available to the rest of the world.

One good thing about not being in Europe I have found is that I pay almost 20% less then those who are from EU :) Not bad.

Reactions: rdn
Their IP's are free now on the existing servers. I kept my older E1225 and purchased the updated E1245 with 3 SSD's. Have moved a few of the IP's between the servers as well.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom