1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my alerts - reset?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Morgain, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

For best part of 24 hours after 1.2 was installed here I got no alerts top right. They were fine just at first, but after a couple of hours went dead.
    I don't think i have ever come here without at least a few ickle red alerts to welcome me - and just before 1.2 arrived, that is the weekend, they were piling in like a red blizzard.

Then from some time early Monday all day until maybe midday Tuesday, none!

A few have started happening but it looks like only threads I have visited/ or deliberately Watched since 1.2.
    Have my alerts been reset?

I'm concerned here because there are lots of addon threads I like to watch, and various others important to me as an admin.

erich37 likes this.
  2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

3. Morgain

Thanks. Yes they are there in Watched Threads, but not giving me alerts.

4. CyclingTribe

Have you double-checked your user preferences for alerts to ensure they are set to be triggered?

http://xenforo.com/community/account/alerts

5. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

yeah, alerts are dead now... since about 1 hour :confused:

or Brogan-Bot just banned my account :eek:

6. CyclingTribe

Interesting ... I got alerts for both of your replies on this thread ... :confused:

4 mins ago and 8 mins ago. (y)

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've only missed a few tag alerts. Other than that, coming in normal (and seemingly a lot more than usual).

8. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I just got an Alert as well......

seems I am not banned (yet).... at least there are no complaints flocking in about my long signature anymore :D ;)

how boooring :ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  9. Morgain

Yes I checked that when I noticed this. Just checked again and here are my Prefs.
    prefs.png

The ONLY thing I changed since 1.2 is I used the new Watch Forums to ensure Announcements and HYS new threads are on my Watched Forums list.
    New stuff I acted on since this afternoon is OK but all my older Watched list is not alerting.

10. Morgain

I think I'm caught in catch 22 - theere was a gap when I didnt get alerts so I didnt visit my watched threads.
    So lots of them are sitting on Watched Threads sulking, not sending me new alerts because I didnt visit them!

CyclingTribe likes this.
  11. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

What's wrong with your signature?

12. Morgain

13. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Did you get an alert for this message?

Actually, I just realized that I have no idea why it's showing as updated recently for you as the last post was much older than the time you indicated. And I never saw it appear as new until your post.

14. Morgain

Yes.
    It seems to be inconsistent. Or maybe it obeys you but not others!

The time I cited was at time of posting some time ago.