XF 1.2 Lost members

Check the xf_users table in your database. Can you confirm that you have over 7200 members (rows) in there?

If not, then does a database backup prior to this 'loss' of members show you have over 7200 members (rows) in there?

Have you done any member maintenance - such as banning accounts, changing accounts from Registered primary group to some other primary group? Changing user status to invalid? Deleting accounts with 0 (zero) posts? That sort of thing ... ?

Have you done any member maintenance - such as banning accounts, changing accounts from Registered primary group to some other primary group? Changing user status to invalid? Deleting accounts with 0 (zero) posts? That sort of thing ... ?
No- the only thing I did yesterday (the statistics were correct by the way ) was to send out a newsletter to all members with [bd ] email add on via Mandrill and installed @******* free add on credits.

@Martok I don't have access right now to my server info- where would you be leading with this?
Checking to see if you actually had 7200+ members before the 'loss' today. If you did then that's concerning (though you will be able to do a restore and get all of the members back). If you didn't then something may have been causing your total members stats to read incorrectly (possibly the transfer from vb?) until your add-on installation yesterday.

When I came from VB I had about 7100 and squired about a 100 members or so- at that point it was looking correct. However the Vb count was different at the transfer time - can't remember the count difference back then.

When I came from VB I had about 7100 and squired about a 100 members or so- at that point it was looking correct. However the Vb count was different at the transfer time - can't remember the count difference back then.
Anyway like I said, check your backup for how many members you had in that.

Checking to see if you actually had 7200+ members before the 'loss' today. If you did then that's concerning (though you will be able to do a restore and get all of the members back). If you didn't then something may have been causing your total members stats to read incorrectly (possibly the transfer from vb?) until your add-on installation yesterday.
Is it possible an add on could have changed the statistics though?

vbulletin counts member accounts which are not activated. (Users Awaiting Approval & Users Awaiting Email Confirmation)
XenForo does not.
If your total member count on vbulletin was 7100 and you gained 100 then its not unlikely that your member count on XenForo is 6700, excluding inactive accounts.

I did not delete any members.
I can think of an add-on which maybe helpful

This one will help restore deleted members (usually)
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/undelete-users-by-waindigo.1369/

And as @Alfa1 pointed out... XenForo doesn't count members waiting for approval.
I can think of an add-on which maybe helpful

This one will help restore deleted members (usually)
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/undelete-users-by-waindigo.1369/

And as @Alfa1 pointed out... XenForo doesn't count members waiting for approval.[/q

Top Bottom