XF 1.2 Lost members

I did not delete any members.
Doesn't matter if you deleted them or not.... Let's say an add-on did it.

For example, there was an old prune add-on that would delete 0 posters. On someone else's site, they played with the con settings and some of the code & it ended up deleting a few known members on their site. Add-on was able to recover it.

Just a recommendation and suggestion for the future. :)

No- the only thing I did yesterday (the statistics were correct by the way ) was to send out a newsletter to all members with [bd ] email add on via Mandrill
I'm guessing that those members had bounced emails and are no longer set as active on XF.

Per the Mandrill info page:
"Bounce Processing: users with bounced emails will be need to update their email address to get normal access."

@******* does your add on do any pruning of members as @Adam Howard had suggested?

Also- I asked a few questions on your credits add on in the discussion area. Would appreciate it if you could help me out.
Wait.... What? o_O:confused:

Re-read my post (post #1 // post #2 )

I fairly sure I never said it was any add-on by @******* only that there was once an older add-on that I recall that was used to delete 0 posters. And that someone else on their website had played with the settings (the con job and some of the code), thus messed it up and ended up deleting more than just 0 posters.

And that in cases such as an add-on (any add-on) deleting members.... There is another add-on (link) which can be used to recover them (usually)

As a point of interest, ******* had not even post in this thread until after I did.... so... I have no idea where you got that association from.

Last edited:
@Adam Howard I guess I worded it wrong. What it should of said was -is it possible that your add on could cause this type of issue with pruning members as Adam had mentioned he had seen an incident in another add on that had done this type of process.
I'm guessing that those members had bounced emails and are no longer set as active on XF.

Per the Mandrill info page:
"Bounce Processing: users with bounced emails will be need to update their email address to get normal access."
i don't think Mandrill can make member adjustments in Xenforo. Unless I am missing what your suggesting.

@Adam Howard I guess I worded it wrong. What it should of said was -is it possible that your add on could cause this type of issue with pruning members as Adam had mentioned he had seen an incident in another add on that had done this type of process.
OK. No worries.
i don't think Mandrill can make member adjustments in Xenforo. Unless I am missing what your suggesting.
Now I am going to quote another add-on, by another developer, but it's a good thing.

@xfrocks has an add-on called, [bd]Mails (link). This add-on will automatically place members who's e-mail bounce into the "waiting for confirmation" group.

This is a good thing and something you should want.

Why?

1) Mandrill does this to help prevent your site from being ladled as a spam site.

2) [bd] Mails does this to help you from sending out e-mails that are not going though any ways

Both are good things. Which is what I believe @DRE was pointing at.

Last edited:
It can and does. If a member's email address bounces it'll automatically change the user state to "waiting for confirmation". This is so that you don't keep on sending mail to this account and the member won't be able to post until they fix/change their email address.
Both are good things. Which is what I believe @DRE was pointing at.
It's actually @DBA ;)

It can and does. If a member's email address bounces it'll automatically change the user state to "waiting for confirmation". This is so that you don't keep on sending mail to this account and the member won't be able to post until they fix/change their email address.

It's actually @DBA ;)
So would this be the issue of members statistics? I do have that add on installed and I ran the newsletter last night.

So would this be the issue of members statistics? I do have that add on installed and I ran the newsletter last night.
It's not a bad thing, but yes, it could affect your user statics.

XenForo does not count members which are in the "waiting for confirmation". It has not deleted them and they are still there, but they're not being counted.

You want people who's e-mail bounces to be placed in "waiting for confirmation" so that they do not keep getting that news letter and thus so your site doesn't cost you extra or end up being ladled as a spam site.

This is all by design and is a good thing.

Top Bottom