XF 2.0 Lost data from XF2 upgrade

Jean-Baptiste

Hello,

When I upgraded from XF1 to XF2, I lost all my posts, users, aned other XenForo related data.

How do I upgrade without losing data ?

To upgrade, I extracted the 2.0 zip on my server, and made a copy of the files to the XF1 directory, using the command : /bin/cp -rf xf2-upload/* /xf2-files.

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

When I upgraded from XF1 to XF2, I lost all my posts, users, aned other XenForo related data.

How do I upgrade without losing data ?

To upgrade, I extracted the 2.0 zip on my server, and made a copy of the files to the XF1 directory, using the command : /bin/cp -rf xf2-upload/* /xf2-files.

Thanks for the help.
use upgrade files not full install package, i gues!

oie_7EZGP3bjXIe5.webp

Last edited:
Did the process imply that you were doing an "install" of XF2 or an "upgrade"? It should definitely have been the latter, and it would have gone through a process of migrating the original config file to the XF2 location. You'd have had to have logged in with a username and password to access upgrade functions. You shouldn't have had to have manually typed any of your database details.

It sounds like whatever you did may have totally overwritten your XF1 files, rather than merging them. As a result, there wouldn't have been an old config.php file, there wouldn't have been an install-lock file and we'd have treated it as a clean install.

Did the process imply that you were doing an "install" of XF2 or an "upgrade"? It should definitely have been the latter, and it would have gone through a process of migrating the original config file to the XF2 location. You'd have had to have logged in with a username and password to access upgrade functions. You shouldn't have had to have manually typed any of your database details.

It sounds like whatever you did may have totally overwritten your XF1 files, rather than merging them. As a result, there wouldn't have been an old config.php file, there wouldn't have been an install-lock file and we'd have treated it as a clean install.

Ok great, thanks !

Top Bottom