XF 2.1 Manually delete data from xf_forum_watch table (truncate)

smozgur

I just completed a forum transfer and I think some users had forum watch setting on for every thread in the old forum software which was not sending forum subscription emails (probably modded in the old forum to disregard that option globally, I have no idea). Now some users complain about receiving too many emails, and it is hard to explain to each of them to Unwatch the forums that they subscribed and forgot who knows when.

I can see that xf_forum_watch table is the responsible table for keeping this setting per user. Can I delete records from this table manually? Does it affect anything in any other tables that should stop me doing this?

Thanks.

Solution
For the future readers - it works without problems. Apparently there is no relation to another table.
Just be careful since you'll be resetting all subscriptions to the forums - which was necessary in my case.
For the future readers - it works without problems. Apparently there is no relation to another table.
Just be careful since you'll be resetting all subscriptions to the forums - which was necessary in my case.

Solution
Another table to might need to truncate in order to solve the issue you're experiencing is the xf_thread_watch table.

Thank you for your reply, @AndyB.

However, I disagree on that table. My specific problem is about subscribed forums that sends email for every new thread created in that forum. Individual thread subscriptions are not problem, in fact they should stay as they are to avoid subscribers go blind with their watched threads.

Top Bottom