Not a bug Lost a fair few posts...

Kim

Not sure if this is a bug, or if someone has deleted them, but I seem to have lost a whole gaggle of posts since I last visited.

dunno.gif

A bunch of threads were put on ice today. They may come back at a later date, but you're not looking at a bug.

I lost a few as well.

You know that's always a sore spot with users - they tend to be very outspoken if anything happens to their post count. (Hence why I shot off an email when it happened - wouldn't want the admins here to miss out on a user gripe! :D)

LOL I wasn't upset about it :p Just curious, glad it wasn't a bug.

But yeah, people can get precious about their beloved post counts lol.

LOL I wasn't upset about it :p Just curious, glad it wasn't a bug.

But yeah, people can get precious about their beloved post counts lol.

Oh you know it - hence why I use that Mod that doesn't reduce the post counts if you delete threads. And I don't even show the count on the postbit.

Ahhh sounds like a good add on Mod, some communities are seriously demented about post counts LOL

Oh you know it - hence why I use that Mod that doesn't reduce the post counts if you delete threads. And I don't even show the count on the postbit.

That actually is a quite nice mod.
In some ways it doesn't even make sense to reduce the post count when deleting threads. I mean, you have still made the posts.
So I guess it's a better indicator on how much time you've put down on the site if you don't reduce the post count.

Then, in other ways it makes totally sense to just show how many posts that are actually available. So I'm not sure what's best to be honest.

One thing I am sure of though is that post count truly is important for many. :)

/SK

Top Bottom