XF 2.0 Create the home page, a page made of few posts

WombatCombat

I just bought XenForo and installed a theme, currently when I click the "Home" button it has an href to "www.mywebsite.com" but it redirects me to "www.mywebsite.com/index.php" which is the forum itself. I'd like to make it so that it's setup kind of like this forum. The home button sends the user to a seperate page (I still want the navbar and everything at the top to be there on this page unlike this forum) where as clicking the Forums button sends the user to like "www.mywebsite.com/forum" or something like that.

As for what I want on the page itself, this is a product review website where I'm hoping sponsors will contact me, so I'd like to display the sponsored posts but not like the normal forum where its just text written horizontally, I'd like it to be like 5-10 boxes showing posts with a title and a little description and a nice big picture. Basically a layout to showoff the sponsored products enticing the users to click those.

Thanks! :)

I just bought XenForo and installed a theme, currently when I click the "Home" button it has an href to "www.mywebsite.com" but it redirects me to "www.mywebsite.com/index.php" which is the forum itself. I'd like to make it so that it's setup kind of like this forum. The home button sends the user to a seperate page (I still want the navbar and everything at the top to be there on this page unlike this forum) where as clicking the Forums button sends the user to like "www.mywebsite.com/forum" or something like that.

I wouldn't do that if you already have Xenforo installed in the root (unlike here where the forum software is installed in directory /community/ and the home page is separate in the root.

If you just keep your installion in the root, create a page to uses as a home page "portal" and designate that as the home page URL in Set-up > Options > basic board information > index page root. That way forums automatically gets www.mywebsite.com/forums in the URL anyway.

This will then be a home page (as withy my forum - see link)

NB: +1 to friendly URL (you probably need to activate the htaccess file in your file system, ie rename from htaccess.txt to .htaccess)

As for the sponsored posts on home page, then you'd need some modification or addon

Top Bottom