Looking to convert from Invision Community

JRangelle

Hi, this is a conversion that will probably occur a couple of years down the road once XenForo provides a converter directly from Invision Community 4.x to XenForo 2.x, but I'd like to pave the groundwork for when it might occur. I've investigated - and will continue to investigate - the demo and any documentation, but any and all information would be appreciated.

I'd appreciate responses from both official representatives and community members at large. Everything from factual references to candid opinions are all welcome.

1. How can I map IPS Clubs? I have four active clubs, three of which have over a thousand members and their own set of forum boards, gallery albums, files, etc.

2. In XFMG, is there a way to force albums in categories? This is an important requirement for me.

3. Does anyone have an example of a large XFM installation, preferably with a dozen categories and 100,000+ images? The core of my community is actually the gallery.

4. In XFRM, is there a way to batch upload multiple resources at once? This is an important requirement for me.

5. In XFRM, Is there a way to add multiple screenshots to a resource?

6. Does anyone have an example of a large XFRM installation, preferably with a dozen categories and 1k+ files?

7. Is there an easy page builder with WYSIWYG functionality? I found Forums > Nodes allows me to add a static page, but it requests an HTML template.

8. Does XenForo integrate with Amazon S3 or an S3 compatible storage provider?

Thanks in advance!
JR

1. How can I map IPS Clubs? I have four active clubs, three of which have over a thousand members and their own set of forum boards, gallery albums, files, etc.
No similar product in XF. You could turn them into subforums, or have a Clubs-like add-on for XF privately developed.

6. Does anyone have an example of a large XFRM installation, preferably with a dozen categories and 1k+ files?
This site.

8. Does XenForo integrate with Amazon S3 or an S3 compatible storage provider?

2. In XFMG, is there a way to force albums in categories? This is an important requirement for me.
If you mean when members create a personal album, no.

4. In XFRM, is there a way to batch upload multiple resources at once? This is an important requirement for me.
There is nothing built in which will do that.

7. Is there an easy page builder with WYSIWYG functionality? I found Forums > Nodes allows me to add a static page, but it requests an HTML template.
There isn't one built in.
One workaround is to compose the content in a post using the rich text editor, then view the page source and copy and paste that.

Thanks for all of the answers so far. I'd love to get some responses on the other ones, even if it's a reference to a third party app or a dev referral.

For #6, I'm looking more specifically for a large resource directory with dozens of categories and sub-categories to see how the cats display. One of my concerns is navigating (and the general UIX for uploaders and moderators) of dozens of categories.

Thanks!

For #6, I'm looking more specifically for a large resource directory with dozens of categories and sub-categories to see how the cats display. One of my concerns is navigating (and the general UIX for uploaders and moderators) of dozens of categories.
I'm not sure you'll find many which are larger than the one on this site.

1568044355523.webp

Okay.

I have five main categories, but each one has an alphabetical listing of sub-categories (0, A, B, C ...) so my total downloads directory has easily 100+ cats and subs. That screenshot helps though to understand the UIX. It's basically a simple list. Thanks.

Top Bottom