Looking for XenForo optimized hosting for a moderate traffic forum

Chromaniac

Would need a VPS or a mini-dedicated setup because I also need to migrate a few low to zero traffic WordPress blogs.

XenForo forum would need a SSL certificate. Any suggestions? Thanks.

ah. i am looking for managed because i am not a terminal guy and want to stay away from doing the installs and upgrades manually. thanks. i have tried using linode in the past... it was quite nice but required self-management which forced me to move to another service provider.

ah. i am looking for managed because i am not a terminal guy and want to stay away from doing the installs and upgrades manually. thanks. i have tried using linode in the past... it was quite nice but required self-management which forced me to move to another service provider.
Well im in the same boat as you are im not a terminal guy, what i did is i had Matt set everything up and he offers a service where he can go in lets say every month or two or three and touch stuff up (updates, config).
I think its not too bad, I used a "FULLY" managed host before and it just didnt work for me, I find that this Linode setup with Matt's service works the best.

I'd highly recommend Nimbus Hosting for optimised XenForo hosting. They provide excellent service and there are quite a few folk here who use them, from smaller sites like mine up to larger ones like AV Forums.

https://www.nimbushosting.co.uk

I too would recommend Nimbus. My time with them has been nothing short of amazing and the staff are very knowledgeable and always seem happy to help.

I too would recommend Nimbus. My time with them has been nothing short of amazing and the staff are very knowledgeable and always seem happy to help.

Even better than WebFaction? IIRC you're the one that pointed me to them a while back.

Even better than WebFaction? IIRC you're the one that pointed me to them a while back.

WebFaction are good, but to me they fit different scenarios. I use WebFaction for development stuff (git repos, sites I'm working on etc) but Nimbus are much better suited for sites I'm serious about. I like both, but for different reasons.

Here's another very satisfied Nimbus customer :) We've been with them since they started, and I do not see that changing any time soon.

And just to note, there is no such thing as Xenforo optimized hosting, even though that terms seems to get thrown around a lot. There is nothing at all to optimize on a server that is specific to Xenforo, and not other PHP/Database driven websites.

And just to note, there is no such thing as Xenforo optimized hosting, even though that terms seems to get thrown around a lot. There is nothing at all to optimize on a server that is specific to Xenforo, and not other PHP/Database driven websites.
So why do these hostings advertise such things?

Well you can unoptimized it :p start with putting APC on a PHP 5.4 box.

Really it runs great on anything. I've used apache, nginx. Php 5.3 through 5.6. Every compatible variant of mysql. If vBulletin 4.2.1 doesn't work on it you are probably on a great host for Xenforo :p

Well you can unoptimized it :p start with putting APC on a PHP 5.4 box.

Really it runs great on anything. I've used apache, nginx. Php 5.3 through 5.6. Every compatible variant of mysql. If vBulletin 4.2.1 doesn't work on it you are probably on a great host for Xenforo :p

LOL!!!

So why do these hostings advertise such things?

No clue. I would guess to take advantage of a segment of the market that simply doesn't know any better. It's just like the "unlimited" nonsense. We all know it doesn't exist, but people still fall for it every day. Sure, there is stuff you can do to optimize a server, optimize databases, caching, etc., but it isn't anything that is specific to XF. You would likely do that for any site, any forum software, etc. The idea that they somehow claim it's optimized for XF is simply ridiculous.

Top Bottom