Looking for away to verify a person

Itworx4me

Our forum uses real names. We currently use an account upgrade to verify user names through paypal. Is there any other resource out there that will verify a persons name for free? I would even be willing to pay a fee on my end to verify the persons name. Anyone know of such a service??

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Maybe you can use the "eID" or "EIC" (Electronic Identity Card) to verify them. Most countries in Europe are using it now.

There are several services available that allow users to quickly identify themselves using their government ID - driving license, passport etc.

These are integrated into the site... I've used one before, with localbitcoin. I'll check what service their using again.

EDIT: I couldn't find which service localbitcoin uses, as I've already verified... However I found this one: http://www.vixverify.com/product/ @Itworx4me

Liam

Last edited:
Our forum uses real names. We currently use an account upgrade to verify user names through paypal. Is there any other resource out there that will verify a persons name for free? I would even be willing to pay a fee on my end to verify the persons name. Anyone know of such a service??

Thanks,
Itworx4me
I ask people for their social media contact names.

I send them to a form which asks for their name, address, phone number, SMS phone verification and this:

Confirm your identity by posting a link to a 1 year old social network account which uses your real name:

Go to your profile, post a public post with your OUR WEBSITE NAME name on it and a link to OUR WEBSITE, then give us a link where we can see your post. Most social networks have an option where you can copy a link to a post you make so you can share that link with others.

I ask people for their social media contact names.

I send them to a form which asks for their name, address, phone number, SMS phone verification and this:

Confirm your identity by posting a link to a 1 year old social network account which uses your real name:

Go to your profile, post a public post with your OUR WEBSITE NAME name on it and a link to OUR WEBSITE, then give us a link where we can see your post. Most social networks have an option where you can copy a link to a post you make so you can share that link with others.

What if they don't use social networking sites, or haven't had one for a year, or have their privacy set high for a reason...?

Sounds like a lot of liability. There are people out there hiding from abusive spouses and stuff- some people have reason to remain private.

Top Bottom