1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for away to verify a person

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Itworx4me, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Itworx4me

Itworx4me Well-Known Member

Our forum uses real names. We currently use an account upgrade to verify user names through paypal. Is there any other resource out there that will verify a persons name for free? I would even be willing to pay a fee on my end to verify the persons name. Anyone know of such a service??

2. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

Are all your members from a specific country/region or worldwide?
  3. Fred.

Fred. Well-Known Member

Maybe you can use the "eID" or "EIC" (Electronic Identity Card) to verify them. Most countries in Europe are using it now.
  4. Itworx4me

Itworx4me Well-Known Member

90% of them are US based.
  5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

There are several services available that allow users to quickly identify themselves using their government ID - driving license, passport etc.

These are integrated into the site... I've used one before, with localbitcoin. I'll check what service their using again.

EDIT: I couldn't find which service localbitcoin uses, as I've already verified... However I found this one: http://www.vixverify.com/product/ @Itworx4me

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    Itworx4me likes this.
  6. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

7. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

I ask people for their social media contact names.

I send them to a form which asks for their name, address, phone number, SMS phone verification and this:

Confirm your identity by posting a link to a 1 year old social network account which uses your real name:

Go to your profile, post a public post with your OUR WEBSITE NAME name on it and a link to OUR WEBSITE, then give us a link where we can see your post. Most social networks have an option where you can copy a link to a post you make so you can share that link with others.
  8. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

What if they don't use social networking sites, or haven't had one for a year, or have their privacy set high for a reason...?
    wedgar likes this.
  9. melbo

melbo Well-Known Member

I can't imagine wanting to be responsible for holding onto and keeping secure that sort of personal information.
    rafass likes this.
  10. BirdOPrey5

BirdOPrey5 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of liability. There are people out there hiding from abusive spouses and stuff- some people have reason to remain private.