1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a iPad

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D37, Mar 24, 2011.

1. D37

D37 Active Member

I want a iPad!!!! I have been looking around for a good deal and haven't come across anything too great. I was wondering where you guys think I should look for a good deal on a first generation iPad with wifi + 3G?

A guy offered me his used, but in great condition iPad 16GB wifi + 3G for $400. Is that a good deal?

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not with the iPad2 almost out the door ;)

3. D37

D37 Active Member

Yeah I'm thinking I should wait a couple weeks to buy a original iPad. Maybe I could get one for $300.

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I would love an iPad for my son, as they are tremendoes learning tools. But no way could I ever afford their price tag.
    ugh

5. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

I fail to see the need for an iPad with abundance choice of netbook, laptop on the market.

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

There are educational materials available for iPad that are not available for pc PLUS iPad is much lighter to carry.

Andy.N likes this.
  7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Peggy,
    What kind of educational materials? Can you link?
    I'm afraid my 3yo son will break it the first day.

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Sorry Hun I'm at work and using my iPhone. I'm not sure I would get one for a 3 yr old. :eek:
    My son is 11 and has Aspergers. He does much of his learning on the computer and also has a laptop for portability.
    An iPad would be much more convenient to carry, plus open up new areas of interest for him, I believe.

I really wish that they wouldn't price these things so out of reach for people who could really use them but can't afford a $400+ price tag.

9. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Why not just get a cheaper desktop/laptop? Surely they are just as educational.

10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Well if you consider the hardware that's inside it's really not surprising they're $400 or more. If they were any cheaper they would be losing money. :p

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

He has a laptop as I said above. :)

12. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I'm sure they are well worth the pricetag, I'm not disputing that at all.

13. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

Then why would one need a laptop and an iPad? I just don't see the point of the iPad, to me, it's nothing more than a crippled laptop.

14. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Look at the competition, inferior products with hardly any lower price tag.

15. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Same here. I bought the original iPad, and didn't really see any benefits since I already have an iPhone and a Mac Pro in house. So I sold it two weeks later.

But this of course, is different from person to person.

16. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

If only Acer would make a netbook that is just a touch screen... for $279.99...

lol

17. Travis

Travis Active Member

I really want an iPad! It is really annoying me that I can't afford it.

18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Which is why I don't have any of the competitions' products either, lol.

iPad are just much lighter, easier to take with you, not as obtrusive as a laptop, which can be heavy sometimes, even the 6 ib'ers. And there are apps on iTunes that are not available to other devices.

Doesn't matter anyway, I'm not getting one. :)

19. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'd agree with that claim when the initial release day of the ipad 1 came out because there was no competition. Now there are companies bringing there's out HTC, Samsung, Motorola a few others. In what way are they inferior? Build quality? Technical specifications? How exactly are they inferior?

Forsaken likes this.
  20. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

Wait wait, let me answer this: 'its not by Apple'.

Darkimmortal likes this.