Looking for a iPad

I'd agree with that claim when the initial release day of the ipad 1 came out because there was no competition. Now there are companies bringing there's out HTC, Samsung, Motorola a few others. In what way are they inferior? Build quality? Technical specifications? How exactly are they inferior?

Because they don't have a shiny Apple logo on the back.

I guarantee you the iPad 3 could be nothing more than a Newton (circa 1993), but give it a slick product page and the sheep will be hailing it as the best thing since Jesus Christ.

I'd agree with that claim when the initial release day of the ipad 1 came out because there was no competition. Now there are companies bringing there's out HTC, Samsung, Motorola a few others. In what way are they inferior? Build quality? Technical specifications? How exactly are they inferior?
Honestly I don't know that any of them are inferior, as I've never had any of them.

Honestly I don't know that any of them are inferior, as I've never had any of them.
You can go into a store, and try the hardware for a while, and give it a thorough testing.

Most of the people I have met instantly disdain other products, rather than try and learn the quirks of the system (As there are quirks, as you'll never have the same experience between operating systems), and to see whether they could benefit more from one over the other.

I've used both the iPad (I had one, and gave it away as I didn't like it much), and I've used a Motorola Xoom (And possibly might buy one, depending on how much traveling I do this year), and I prefer the interface and the experience from the Xoom much more. I wouldn't say the iPad is inferior, I just do not like it as much as I like the Xoom.

And the iPad has always had competition.

Tablets are nothing new. You could get a tablet running Windows XP Tablet PC Edition way back in 2001 or 2002. But, of course, no one seems to care until Apple does it.

And frankly, the tablets that could run the special XP build were far more useful, because they generally could be converted between an actual notebook and a touch-sensitive screen, good for taking notes using handwriting recognition software. (Drivers which are now built into Windows since Vista, IIRC.)

Looking at the stock from Apple since the iPod, iPhone, iPad, I'd say it's a bit more of a success than the Zune.

If you want one, but can't afford it: Don't buy it.
If you want one, and can afford it: Buy it.
If you don't want one, regardless if you can afford it or not: Don't buy it.

I will certainly get the iPad2.

a) competitors need to get to the $500 floor price...
b) they need to dump the 7 inch too small screen size., the 10" ipad is perfect for browsing.

ipad needs to get stereo speakers, who uses mono since the 70's, really...
ipad needs to get flash

Well now, I just might get an iPad. A couple of people told me last night that you get get the iPad (1) 16gb at Verizon stores for $299. I'm going to check it out today. If that's the case, I can get one, as long as I sell one of my laptops to help pay for it.

More and more of my work is involving goingout to clients to show them designs.

I may make the investment soon also.

I just came back from Verizon, where I purchased the iPad 1st gen 32gb for $399.
It'll be delivered to me Tues or Wed as they didn't have any in stock.

I just came back from Verizon, where I purchased the iPad 1st gen 32gb for $399.
It'll be delivered to me Tues or Wed as they didn't have any in stock.
No 16gb models available? I hear stories from the field that they got wiped out pretty quickly at $299 at most locations but some still exist.

No 16gb models available? I hear stories from the field that they got wiped out pretty quickly at $299 at most locations but some still exist.

There's not a one anywhere in NE Ohio. Zilch. Zero. That's ok, I'm sure I'll be able to fill up the 32gb. :)

Top Bottom