Look! How they've implemented Animated Avatars...

Grover

Look at this overview and see the Avatar of 'DaKat':
http://xenforo.com/community/members/dakat.245/recent-content

Then... go to her Member Card or her profile. Her Avatar comes alive!

I assume this is designed this way on purpose? I love it! I hate it when forums allow animated gifs as Avatars, because it totally destroys the focus on the postings! With xenForo -apparently- you can have animated Avatars, but they only come alive in your Profile and Member Card. Thus, leaving the threads in peace.

If this is indeed designed with these thoughts in mind, then I -once again- make a big compliment to the developers of this outstanding userinterface. I am impressed. Finally a forum package that understands the essential value of the user-experience! :cool:

It's more just what happened than anything else. When images are resized/managed with GD, only the first frame is kept. ImageMagick can resize while keeping animation, though it can get bogged down if there are a lot of frames.

It's more just what happened than anything else. When images are resized/managed with GD, only the first frame is kept. ImageMagick can resize while keeping animation, though it can get bogged down if there are a lot of frames.

Aha! I got (almost...) carried away in my enthusiasm ;) ... nevertheless: xenForo has an outstanding userinterface!

Top Bottom