Logo placement.

Ruven

With vB you were locked to have the logo in the left hand site of the header.
You could style it yourself to place the logo anywhere you want of course, but for those with limited skill this could sometimes be problematic.
With XF you have the benefit that there is no login or search stuff in the way in case you want to make the logo larger. I always liked it when styles would include the login and search into the menu instead of in the header area.

Anyhow... i wonder if it will be easy to move the logo to the center of the header instead of to the far left.
On vB i used floats to do it, but it was a hassle to get it to look right as it would tend to push other elements around.
On XF will it be as simple as inputing the location you want the logo to be in?

To be honest, from what we've seen in the videos of style properties, I am almost 100% sure that this will be as simple as placing left, center, or right. And if it's not that simple, it'll sure just require two bits of html.

Using firebug, all it took to move the logo to the right was change the logo id float to right. To center it, I changed the float a to text-align: center;. That was it, :)

View attachment 2044
Now thats pretty cool right there.
If you did that on vb it would cause all sorts of havoc.
Thanks!

One more question.. what if the logo was substantially bigger, would that be a problem?
I assume it wouldnt since there is no background image in the header right?

There's a style property to control the amount of vertical space allowed for the logo. Provided you set that correctly, you can set whatever logo image you like.
Conversely, can we add images or ads to that 'header'? Idealy, I would like to have an opportunity to include a ad banner, AND another image that sits on the right.

I don't want to be limited in this aspect as with vbulletin.

With vB you were locked to have the logo in the left hand site of the header.
You could style it yourself to place the logo anywhere you want of course, but for those with limited skill this could sometimes be problematic.

With every forum, any way you cut it, one must know some coding to be able to change things to their likings.

Top Bottom