XF 2.1 Logo development for a new site

Joe Kuhn

My new site is here

I developed my own Forum icons and am liking the graphics work so much I started looking at logos.

Since my forum theme is the translation of FoxPro programs to C#, I'm thinking of developing a logo that changes from the FoxPro logo to the C# logo one small piece at a time, either in place or side by side.

If they were side by side, the C# logo would not be visible to start with. As a small block of the FoxPro logo would disappear and, a same size block of the C# logo would appear. The pieces could be randomly chosen from each of the two logos, and eventually, the FoxPro logo would be completely gone, the C# logo completely visible. Then it would start over again after a pause.

1583698653235.png 1583698678463.png

If it was one on top of the other, I'd simply replace one piece of the Fox logo with a piece from the C# logo. Small squares come to mind.

Would like to see it both ways.

How would I do this?

For me it's too literal and spells old school forum. Like pizza forums with a pizza slice. I prefer the talk icons to keep it simple. Jurt my 2 cents.

Pls explain why you think that. We're going from FoxPro to C# and the Foxpro icon has always been looking to your left.
It's from my college training years and professional life as a newspaper page designer. It's also been found in many studies to be true for webpages as well - the human eye will focus on your logo as the "hot spot" of the page if it is a face looking straight at the reader or off the page, but will focus on your COPY if the face is looking at the copy. Some reading on eye tracking here: https://neilpatel.com/blog/eye-tracking-studies/
Foxpro icon has always been looking to your left.
It will still be 100 percent recognizable when flopped. It loses no branding recognition and in fact may be even more effective that way since it's not the usual encounter with it. Also, I'd consider whether it's okay to use one of Microsoft's copyrighted logos too.

It's from my college training years and professional life as a newspaper page designer. It's also been found in many studies to be true for webpages as well - the human eye will focus on your logo as the "hot spot" of the page if it is a face looking straight at the reader or off the page, but will focus on your COPY if the face is looking at the copy. Some reading on eye tracking here: https://neilpatel.com/blog/eye-tracking-studies/

It will still be 100 percent recognizable when flopped. It loses no branding recognition and in fact may be even more effective that way since it's not the usual encounter with it. Also, I'd consider whether it's okay to use one of Microsoft's copyrighted logos too.
I like that. A fox looking at the text on the page. Will do it.

Got the fox from wikimedia and credited the source as requested.

I'm thinking of their book covers. What about those?
It's an organ of the product packaging. It's not a magazine or a newsprint page or a webpage. They don't want you reading the cover, they want you to open the book.

Use of a face in their product line as a logo isn't at all even in the ballpark of using a face or faces in page design.

By the way I have a couple of excellent graphics and logo designers I recommend and their rates are quite reasonable, if you're interested in professional help. They're members here and well known for their quality work.

...By the way I have a couple of excellent graphics and logo designers I recommend and their rates are quite reasonable, if you're interested in professional help. They're members here and well known for their quality work.
I'd take you up on that but I'm learning new stuff besides the C# I've had to pick up. I like both, particularly the graphics learning becuase you can see a difference right away. Thanks to you and the others who have commented.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm the one getting the schooling today. Summary: point the Fox's nose where you want the reader to go.

Will be looking into repeating gifs as well.

Animated .gifs can get annoying if spending much time on a page. They also don't translate well for branding purposes.

Might want to look at using something like this:
View attachment 220171
I insist on paying you for that. Would you do one more thing and compare: color transition across the tracks? Not too strong, just enough to see a transition.

And how did you get the fox pointing the other way? I looked in Figma, the editor I'm using for my icons, and could not find the option.

I insist on paying you for that. Would you do one more thing and compare: color transition across the tracks? Not too strong, just enough to see a transition.

And how did you get the fox pointing the other way? I looked in Figma, the editor I'm using for my icons, and could not find the option.
I created it in Adobe Photoshop. Take a look at this color transition and let me know if it's too much. I can also create a version with your site name on it, just let me know what font you planned on using.

foxpro-to-c#.webp

Top Bottom