1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

login page problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Nick Jtk Markham, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Nick Jtk Markham

Nick Jtk Markham Active Member

When i use the login page "www.site.com/forum/login" it take me to the page i enter my login info then continue and it stops loading with a "to many redirects" then if i delete the "/login" it takes me to the forum and Im logged in

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Have you got any redirection rules or tools in place? Such as vbulletin redirection scripts or mod rewrite rules?

It's possible that these are interfering.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Nick Jtk Markham

only think i think would do that is the word press to xf bridge, would that do it

4. Chris D

I wouldn't have thought so.

Another thing could be if you have any files or folders called "login" in your forum folder?

Also, this might be useful. Usually on the too many redirects error there is a URL displayed in the error and in the address bar of the browser.

What is that address?

Jake Bunce likes this.
  5. Nick Jtk Markham

just says this:

6. Chris D

I've just registered and logged in at your site and all is working fine for me.

You may want to change your Board URL in Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information though. In there you have misspelt forums as "froums".

But yeah other wise everything is working fine.

You should try clearing your cookies and browser cache.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  7. Nick Jtk Markham

What browser do you use? I use chrome.

8. Chris D

Same.

9. Nick Jtk Markham

So its something on my end, any ideas?

10. Chris D

Have you cleared your Chrome browser cache and/or tried a different browser?

11. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

I just ran into this same problem. It happens on the registration page. If I hit registration, and then try to login from there, I'm getting the too many redirects error. Still get logged in though. No server errors. Thoughts?