XF 2.2 Adding user groups to Notable Members' page problem

bryanb

Hi all,

I am wracking my brain here. For some reason, I can't get a user group to appear on the Notable Members page. I have added the user group "Delegates" to the user statistics here: /community/admin.php?member-stats/

but the delegate block won't appear along side the Staff Members block - even though it appears in the side menu:

Screenshot 2024-03-05 155604.webp

And when one clicks that link, it's empty:
Screenshot 2024-03-05 155734.webp

Yet there are a load of members who have "delegate" as their secondary user group (which is selected in the member statistics).

Screenshot 2024-03-05 192553.webp

So I must be missing something - probably something very simple. I just can't find it. I am trouble shooting this on other forums but can't replicate the problem. Any guidance would be highly appreciated. Thanks! (y) :)

Solution
Found it! I knew it was a simple issue. It turns out the default for listing anyone in the Notable Members' page is by messages. Well since this is a brand new forum, not open to the public, no one is posting yet - so no messages.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 095207.webp

I changed it to "user name" and that solved the problem.
As far as I can tell, they should. The moderators appear in the staff group, and everyone appears in the Registered user group. So I am thinking there may be a setting in this secondary user group that keeps it from showing. I just cant find anything.

Found it! I knew it was a simple issue. It turns out the default for listing anyone in the Notable Members' page is by messages. Well since this is a brand new forum, not open to the public, no one is posting yet - so no messages.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 095207.webp

I changed it to "user name" and that solved the problem.

Solution
Top Bottom