Resource icon

Login as User 1.2.7

No permission to download
Hello @Liam W ,
thanks for this nice add-on. Works great and fast on 1.4. One question:
I`d like to allow my mods to use this. They`re able to log in via the link on the profile card but they don`t have the admin panel on top of the page to switch back to their user. Would it be possible for this add-on to also allow my mods to switch back their user? Or is this something I have to solve by changing the usergroup settings (maybe I can give my mods the admin-panel without really making them admins???)?
thank you - all the best,
Sacha

edit: found the help section on moderators. It should be possible to activate the moderator bar. Will try that:
https://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

Last edited:
With your latest version, after uploading files (again and again to Library), and trying to upgrade add-on, it gives me this message:

Error

The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

• Show the base user in the 'Revert User' link
I really appreciate the new features.
Unfortunately the mod/admin panel on top of the page still disappears as soon as I login / switch to a user with no moderative/administrative rights. When I click on logout I get this: "You cannot use the logout function when logged in as a different user". So I have to delete the xF cookie to get back to my admin account.
I`m sure you tested this on your forum and it works fine, so do you have any idea what might cause this behaviour on my site?

do you have any idea what might cause this behaviour on my site
gotcha. It`s a conflict with @Jon W s add-on: "User Moderation Queue on Front End".
You both have a TMS change for PAGE_CONTAINER.
Jon W:
Code:
search: <xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin}">

replace: <xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin} || {$visitor.permissions.general.userModFrontEnd}">

Liam W:
Code:
search: 
<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin}">
    <xen:include template="moderator_bar" />
<xen:elseif is="!{$visitor.user_id} && !{$hideLoginBar}" />
    <xen:include template="login_bar" />
</xen:if>

replace: 
<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin} || {$loggedInAsUser}">

Could you adapt your add-ons so they can come together in sweet harmony?

gotcha. It`s a conflict with @Jon W s add-on: "User Moderation Queue on Front End".
You both have a TMS change for PAGE_CONTAINER.
Jon W:
Code:
search: <xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin}">

replace: <xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin} || {$visitor.permissions.general.userModFrontEnd}">

Liam W:
Code:
search:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin}">

replace:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.is_moderator} || {$visitor.is_admin} || {$loggedInAsUser}">

Could you adapt your add-ons so they can come together in sweet harmony?

I could probably split them into multiple modifications, which would make them work better with other addons...

Liam

@sinucello I've made my modification much less greedy, but @Jon W's still won't match because of mine.

However, making Jon's execute before mine should make them interoperate :)

Liam

All of a sudden, this app disappeared from view. Anyone know about conflicts?

Anyone?

I have installed and uninstalled this and still, it doesn't work.

PC'd Liam- no response. Any support for this?

I have just noticed a problem. Because my website is in development I currently have the board deactivated.

I am able to switch from Admin to a user account. When I try to revert from user to Admin account it comes up with my deactivated board message.

The only way I can revert to my admin account is by activating the board, reverting it and then deactiving it.

cap

Receiving this error and it does not work!

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'LiamW_LoginAsUser_Extend_Model_User' not found -library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, Wednesday at 8:42 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(31) "http://www.hobby-machinist.com/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Top Bottom