XF 1.5 locked out of ACP

Steff

Can anyone help with suggestions. Looks like all the admins have been locked out of ACP. All I get is password incorrect and now I've tried too many times.

It's not just me... all of the admins can't log in. They all say they password is incorrect. I'll take a search of the server log and see if anything comes up there

OK there was a php version change to an older version would this have been it. I asked my host to install a script and they seem to have changed php version to 5.2

**edit**
Yes that seems to have sorted this out.
Can anyone from Xenforo comfirm that changing the php to a lower version could do this or do I need to examine the server for anything else. It seems to be ok now that I've changed the version to 5.3

OK there was a php version change to an older version would this have been it. I asked my host to install a script and they seem to have changed php version to 5.2

**edit**
Yes that seems to have sorted this out.
Can anyone from Xenforo comfirm that changing the php to a lower version could do this or do I need to examine the server for anything else. It seems to be ok now that I've changed the version to 5.3

Correct, XenForo uses the most advanced encryption available to it, so a rollback to a version which doesnt have newer encryption protocols would cause better encrypted passwords to fail.

Thanks Amaury and Slavik for your quick replies. Yes that makes sense now.
Forgive me for being a bit jumpy... I once hosted Photopost so I know what it's like to be hacked day in and day out ;)
It's all working fine again now thanks

Top Bottom