Lock/Unlock and Open

Lisa

Not sure if this has been brought up before or whether it's just me being anal ;) (my apologies if there is an existing thread about it, feel free to merge!)

I was explaining to a new moderator on UF the other day about the various options she has available to her. When we got to discussing locking/unlocking threads, it got a little confusing heh heh heh In the threadlisting area, you get the option to lock/unlock a thread. Within the threads themselves (using Edit Thread) you have the option of having the thread Open or Not Open (taking the tick out of the checkbox). Open is also used when creating a new thread, down in the options beneath the messagebox area.

Since Open and Lock/Unlock actually achieves the same end result (at least I'm pretty sure they do unless I've missed something) wouldn't it make more sense to keep to one phrase.. either Lock/Unlock or Open/Close?

I noticed this today as well. I thought open/close thread was different from lock/unlock thread at some point. I agree the terms should be consistent.

Top Bottom