Localhost to a Live Domain

ExpertPixels.com

Hey all,

Just wondering if there are / would be any issues transferring a XF install from my localhost to a live domain / server ?

It's just a lot faster working on my localhost then working on a live site.. So i am wanting to develop my project on my localhost and then once it's complete then transfer it to a live server / domain.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply to this question, It's greatly appreciated.

Regards, Darren

Brogan explained how to do so here. It seems quite easy.

Brogan said:
Upload the XenForo files from your local host to your domain (live site).

Create a database on your domain (using the same name, user and password) and import your local host database using phpMyAdmin.

There is no need to run the install script, simply copy everything from your PC to the server.

Hi Darren,

Transferring from localhost to your server shouldn't cause any issues. But you should look at your site configuration settings and make sure you've configured friendly URLs correctly.

Brogan explained how to do so here. It seems quite easy.

You don't need to have exactly same database name and password because you can always change that in /library/config.php

Code:
<?php

$config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';
$config['db']['port'] = '3306';
$config['db']['username'] = 'dbuser;
$config['db']['password'] = 'dbpass';
$config['db']['dbname'] = 'dbname';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

You don't need to have exactly same database name and password because you can always change that in /library/config.php

Code:
<?php

$config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';
$config['db']['port'] = '3306';
$config['db']['username'] = 'dbuser;
$config['db']['password'] = 'dbpass';
$config['db']['dbname'] = 'dbname';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

That's fine. I just directly quoted what Brogan said. ;)

Cheers guys.. Greatly appreciated :) Just didn't want to put in weeks of work on my localhost only to find out i can not transfer it to a live setup without any issues arising.

Regards, Darren

Top Bottom