1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Localhost to a Live Domain

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by ExpertPixels.com, Mar 11, 2013.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Just wondering if there are / would be any issues transferring a XF install from my localhost to a live domain / server ?

It's just a lot faster working on my localhost then working on a live site.. So i am wanting to develop my project on my localhost and then once it's complete then transfer it to a live server / domain.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply to this question, It's greatly appreciated.

Regards, Darren

2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

Brogan explained how to do so here. It seems quite easy.

3. Lost

Lost Well-Known Member

Hi Darren,

Transferring from localhost to your server shouldn't cause any issues. But you should look at your site configuration settings and make sure you've configured friendly URLs correctly.

4. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

You don't need to have exactly same database name and password because you can always change that in /library/config.php

Code:
    <?php

$config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';
    $config['db']['port'] = '3306';
    $config['db']['username'] = 'dbuser;
    $config['db']['password'] = 'dbpass';
    $config['db']['dbname'] = 'dbname';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

5. oman

oman Well-Known Member

That's fine. I just directly quoted what Brogan said. ;)

Andrej likes this.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

7. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Cheers guys.. Greatly appreciated :) Just didn't want to put in weeks of work on my localhost only to find out i can not transfer it to a live setup without any issues arising.

Regards, Darren

8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Its just the same as a normal domain to domain transfer, so nothing to worry about :)