XF 1.4 Local copy redirects to domain

MS1

Hello,

currently I'm using xenforo version 1.4.5 and I want to update to 1.5!
Therefore I downloaded all my files from the server (also the database from the server) to create a local copy.
For testing purposes I want to update xenforo on my local machine (XAMPP) - then I can see if there are any issues.

Unfortunately I get redirected to the "real Live Site" if I open the localhost/mylocalcopy path.
I deleted the htaccess file but the issue is still there.

Any hints?

Best wishes

Marc

config.php
<?php
$config['db']['host'] = 'localhost';
$config['db']['port'] = '3306';
$config['db']['username'] = 'root';
$config['db']['password'] = '';
$config['db']['dbname'] = 'mydb';
?>

That's my problem! I can't even analyse any of these things, because I get directly redirected to the online site.
It's like there is somewhere still an htaccess redirect?!

Log in to localhost/mylocalcopy/admin.php and change the Board URL and if set, the Home Page URL to your localhost path.

Those values are sending you to your live site.

Log in to localhost/mylocalcopy/admin.php and change the Board URL and if set, the Home Page URL to your localhost path.
Those values are sending you to your live site.
The board URL is not related to that so wouldn't make any difference when navigating to the localhost site.

To be clear, what URL are you accessing in your browser?
Something like: http://localhost/mysite ?

If so, and that is automatically redirecting to the live site, check the .htaccess file in the install root directory and the hosts file as mentioned above.
If it's none of those then try force clearing your browser cache (although I doubt that is involved).

Reactions: MS1
@MS1 Have you tried in a different browser, or cleared your cache? I suspect it was the .htaccess file, but now your problem is Chrome (and probably others) cache redirects.

Reactions: MS1
I suspect it was the .htaccess file, but now your problem is Chrome (and probably others) cache redirects.

If it's none of those then try force clearing your browser cache (although I doubt that is involved).

The cache was the problem - I didn't knew the browser cache also contains htaccess-files! I cleared it -> now everything works great.

You have helped me a lot!

Greetings

Top Bottom