• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting an error. What do I do now?

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'lnblog_entry' already exists
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in LNBlog/Manufacture.php at line 78
  4. LNBlog_Manufacture->_installVersion1() in LNBlog/Manufacture.php at line 61
  5. LNBlog_Manufacture::build() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  6. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/vvv.com/admin.php at line 13

You are attempting to reinstall. Meaning you someone how did an improper uninstall the last time you had this installed. If you want to start afresh, best option is to remove lnblog_ tables manually via PHPmyAdmin.

What did you do before to get it?

You are attempting to reinstall. Meaning you someone how did an improper uninstall the last time you had this installed. If you want to start afresh, best option is to remove lnblog_ tables manually via PHPmyAdmin.
As well as make sure blog_entry and blog_comment content types/fields are removed from xf_content_type and xf_content_type_fields.

Alright will try. Yes the first install did not go through properly due to browser/connection issues. Second time the error.

Will have to backup everything though. Its a live site.

Installed successfully. :)

I made a test article and it did not appear in the moderation queue. How is that?

Installed successfully. :)

I made a test article and it did not appear in the moderation queue. How is that?
It uses the permission for "Follow moderation rules" that's found when you edit a user group or specific user group's permissions.

Blog entries aren't automatically sent to a que of any sort to be approve later outside of that.

Alright another question. How do I increase the character count for the comments. I wrote a nice long reply for a blog post and it told me to go work on reducing it to 600 characters.

Also I am unable to write the comments in paragraphs. It is removing any para formatting.

And there is no check box to select and delete multiple comments, like it is in posts and threads.

:P

Alright another question. How do I increase the character count for the comments. I wrote a nice long reply for a blog post and it told me to go work on reducing it to 600 characters.

Also I am unable to write the comments in paragraphs. It is removing any para formatting.

And there is no check box to select and delete multiple comments, like it is in posts and threads.

:p
Like the instructions say, check user group permissions for inline moderation tools and all that.

You can't increase comment character counts. I'm bumping the limit again in Beta 4, but it's not really meant to be something huge.

Line breaks are something I'll be putting into comments in Beta 4.

You can't increase comment character counts. I'm bumping the limit again in Beta 4, but it's not really meant to be something huge.
Why not leave that decision in the hands of the blog's admin?

It is hard work to build a community. It is harder to get community members to cross the line of a forum/blog reader, to a contributor. Then when someone does contribute, they get an error message saying their contribution is not welcome?

You know a percentage of users will simply delete their comment and say "forget it".

Onimua how come some blogs have the sidebar and some don't ? Ive only just seen this..

Cheers

If the user didn't create any other entries, it doesn't appear.

This is fixed to display all the time tin Beta 4 now since the sidebar uses the Share This Page block (conditional moved).
Awesome thanks Onimua though I was going mad than :P

OMG WERES DA BLUG?!

I've received a slowly increasing amount of inquires about the progress of the blog, so I'm letting people know the status of things.

It's coming... eventually. There's no dates set; I haven't even picked out an internal release window either. There is quite a bit of work being put into it, and really I'm aiming Beta 4 to be the last version with feature additions so you can imagine I'm spending extra time to make sure everything I want to be in version 1.0 will be there and in proper working order.

Meanwhile Beta 3 works just fine. If you also have any feature suggestions for possible inclusion into 1.0, now would be the time, otherwise you'll have to wait until 1.1 or later.

Just a quick suggestion, unless it's already part of the core, how about a separate user profile tab for author's blog entries?

I don't have this installed that's why I asked. It's not in the original screenshots or in the feature overview (unless I missed it?)

I don't have this installed that's why I asked. It's not in the original screenshots or in the feature overview (unless I missed it?)
Are you upto date? (last beta build?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom