LiveHelp Server and LiveHelp Messenger

masterchief

I found this nifty addon from stardevelop.com .. basically it provides Live Support Chat feature that easily incorporates into XenForo. It is commercial product available for single domain for roughly $119USD .. multiple domains go for $249USD.

You upload the software to your server, create mySQL database, then perform install. Next step is to add code to head and body sections of PAGE_CONTAINER template. Lastly status button code is added, I chose the ad_header template.

Status button indicates to visitor whether or not support is online. Visitor may request chat, or leave offline message when support is not available. Additionally live support may initiate chat with visitor.

You can now track any visitor to your site, logged in or not.... all the pages visited, amount of time, referring page... LiveHelp Messenger also provides ability to FTP files, preconfigured response phrases, multiple departments, .. lots of bells and whistles. I highly recommend. peace

LiveHelp Messenger is a separate app that allows you to provide LiveHelp Support without having to log into website. Multiple support persons can be configured as desired, with varying levels of capabilities.

How is this working out for you?

I have a license for this software, but I haven't used it for ages.

What exactly are you using it for? Wouldn't it be easier to interact with your members through the forum?

First of all, I like that LiveHelp Messenger is a desktop app totally independent from XenForo.

LiveHelp monitors site activity, maintains history file.. when chat is activated, has ability to push an URL to redirect web browser, FTP files and/or folders... current version also supports VoIP and Skype...

with XenHabla, I also provide iRC chat, plus I am also currently developing subscription mailing lists. My philosophy is providing any means in order to communicate with interested parties. this also keeps me on my toes, never being complacent..

I have video streaming accounts with uStream, Livestream and JustinTV.. looking for ways to utilize that to my advanage... XenAtendo and XenHabla both use that technology.

Additionally, my site is tied into its own Facebook page and twitter accounts.

XenForo allows me to do all of this. cheers.

Top Bottom