Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
OK, the favicon updater doesn't seem to work for us on any of the forums on which it was tested (see my signature). Not sure about the rest. We use a custom favicon, but you indicate that shouldn't make a difference.

I did upload it properly in both the library and js folders. I've just removed it to check for a possible conflict with another add-on. I'll revisit this a little later after testing.

Same for me, installed it like 3 weeks ago, not had a single favicon change yet...
JS file is there, no errors in server log or PHP logs.

I have not added an option of the kind, I assume by "still" you mean did I adopt it from ajaxboy's version? To be clear my addon is in no way related to his addon, they only serve the same purpose, that's it.
Any plans to add that feature? The other addon has a few bugs.

Great. Still wish it was possible to choose between favicon and title though.

Does this use the same method for polling the server? Had to remove the other one: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...in-browser-tabs-paid.27886/page-4#post-377603

That's impossible to tell just from reading the description there. I would assume so, though. It simply polls the server via ajax at certain intervals. I might support more advanced connection methods (HTTP PUSH) in the future.

I'll make it update the title in the next version as well.

That's impossible to tell just from reading the description there. I would assume so, though. It simply polls the server via ajax at certain intervals. I might support more advanced connection methods (HTTP PUSH) in the future.

I'll make it update the title in the next version as well.
Ah ok. I'll give it a try, and see if I ever get the error.

Woah. Thanks :)

Ah ok. I'll give it a try, and see if I ever get the error.

Woah. Thanks :)

To be clear the error you got on the other addon has nothing to do with the method he used, just his implementation of it. You having an error on his addon has nothing to do with the functionality of other addons.

Latest Safari on Mac? On PC?

I am on 10.8 and it works fine for me. If I get an alert then the tab shows a 1 or 2 or whatever number of alerts I have.
On Mac 10.8! The title Update works fine, but not the favicon.ico. I have a custom icon, located in the root folder of my forum.

Top Bottom