LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community

LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community 2.3.0

No permission to download
I was just checking my headers and in wordpress every page is a miss and most thread in my forum are a miss. What could be the cause?

I was just checking my headers and in wordpress every page is a miss and most thread in my forum are a miss. What could be the cause?

That certainly shouldn't be happening out of the blue once you've gotten things set up. The obvious check is making sure your logged out and visit each page twice to go from miss -> hit but I think you know this one already.

Other possibilities can include not having your cacheroots setup correctly (server and VH level must both be set), or the site owner's cacheroot directory being created with the incorrect permissions (remove the directory and it will be re-created with the correct permissions). Neither of these should be the case after initial setup though.

If your still having trouble with this you can submit a ticket with us for further investigation.

Thanks,
-Michael

Hi!

A Litespeed cache newbie question - how do I know that the caching is working? The add-on is installed, htaccess rules added?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

A Litespeed cache newbie question - how do I know that the caching is working? The add-on is installed, htaccess rules added?

Thanks in advance!
you need to check the headers, and you will see the x-litespeed-cache header set (with a status) if it's working.

Thanks for answer, @MattW

I still can't get it working.

Some more information.
  1. The forums are in sub-directory /forums, so I put htaccess rules in its htaccess.
  2. No other caches are enabled.
  3. Forums are using Cloudflare.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for answer, @MattW

I still can't get it working.

Some more information.
  1. The forums are in sub-directory /forums, so I put htaccess rules in its htaccess.
  2. No other caches are enabled.
  3. Forums are using Cloudflare.

Any help is appreciated!

Are you using Litespeed or OpenLiteSpeed?

How do you increase the cache time? It would be very cool to have different cache times for older threads. Anything a month without a reply could have a cache time of several hours or more.

How do you increase the cache time? It would be very cool to have different cache times for older threads. Anything a month without a reply could have a cache time of several hours or more.

You can change the default cache time by modifying the 300 value (seconds) in the .htaccess rules you added during installation, the line would look like:

RewriteRule .* - [E=Cache-Control:max-age=360,E="cache-vary:xf_style_id,xf_language_id"]

We don't differentiate between pages at all in the current versions but that does sound like a pretty cool feature. I'll add it as a feature request to look at when more of our resources are pushed toward this plugin.

Regards,
-Michael

I disabled the XF addon for testing and still saw litespeed cache hits in the http headers.

LSCache will still be running without this addon, it's built into the web server. This addon just decides who gets served cached pages and for how long.
You need to disable the cache module for the domain to stop caching entirely.

LSCache will still be running without this addon, it's built into the web server. This addon just decides who gets served cached pages and for how long.
You need to disable the cache module for the domain to stop caching entirely.

Correct. The plugin just tells the server to cache or not and the duration. As long as CacheLookup is on, LiteSpeed will check your cache directory for a given page and serve from cache if found and not expired.

Changing CacheLookup public on to CacheLookup public off in your .htaccess rules for this plugin should be enough to disable caching as long as the host doesn't have it turned on at the server/vh level (not recommended).

Regards,
-Michael

Michael, for the wordpress plugin, do we still need to follow the beta install procedure (export settings etc), or can we just straight hit the upgrade button?

Top Bottom