LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community

LiteSpeed Cache for XF2 - Community 2.3.0

No permission to download
Hello, the "total" number of "members online" is wrong after the installation of the LSCache plugin. I read about this problem being reported in the past, but cannot find it anymore. Can you guide me to solve this?

Hello, the "total" number of "members online" is wrong after the installation of the LSCache plugin. I read about this problem being reported in the past, but cannot find it anymore. Can you guide me to solve this?
Hello @daimpa ,

In this case, this is an expected behavior of a basic page cache. When the page is cached for a guest visitor, all information on that page including the number of online users displayed at that time are stored as a cache file and served "as is" until the cached page expires (in about 6 minutes with default settings).

You can lower the cache time (360 by default) in rewrite rule
RewriteRule .* - [E=Cache-Control:max-age=360,E="cache-vary:xf_style_id,xf_language_id"]
if you'd like to have the page expire more quickly therefore updating the count more often but I don't think I'd recommend it. The online count should remain accurate for logged in users as those users are not served from cache.

Regards,
-Michael

Hello @daimpa ,

In this case, this is an expected behavior of a basic page cache. When the page is cached for a guest visitor, all information on that page including the number of online users displayed at that time are stored as a cache file and served "as is" until the cached page expires (in about 6 minutes with default settings).

You can lower the cache time (360 by default) in rewrite rule
RewriteRule .* - [E=Cache-Control:max-age=360,E="cache-vary:xf_style_id,xf_language_id"]
if you'd like to have the page expire more quickly therefore updating the count more often but I don't think I'd recommend it. The online count should remain accurate for logged in users as those users are not served from cache.

Regards,
-Michael
Thank you for the extensive and complete reply 😊

Sad this is unmaintained it seemed to be causing this issue:

Without the addon the Lighthouse performance score has gone from 99% to 93% :(

its maintained, they recently fixed a large bug for me.

I believe it is marked off as unmaintained as it is not officially supported by Litespeed, but is maintained by @Michael A. when he has time.

I'd say that this is close enough to the truth :)

@Mr Lucky If you can reproduce the encountered issues feel free to send me a DM with the details and I can try to look into things sometime next week.

Regards,
-Michael
Thank you Michael that would be very useful.

I will need to do this on my test site due to the fact that the issue is detrimental to the site because obviously the non logged in users (and guests) are having a problem dismissing the cookie notice as well as following the three button links at the top of the home page which open as an overlay using data-xf-click="overlay"

As you can see from the thread here @digitalpoint seems to have pinpointed the issue and @MattW who hosts the site noticed that although I had (apparently correctly) started troubleshooting by disabling the litespeed addon, I had ommitted to remove the code from .htaccess so it was still happening.

It seems intermittent as you can see from the thread (but it was noticed by a couple of people). I can reproduce it (albeit still intermittently) on my test site so I will DM you the details for that and be very grateful if you can solve this because (as mentioned) the addon significantly improved the Lighthouse site performance.

Last edited:

Further to the above I have noticed that on Google analytics page engagement has increased as soon as I the addon was deactivated. This seems very obviously due to the issues with the Cookie notice not dismissing as diagnosed by @digitalpoint

There were also issues with any links opening an overlay so I would recommend anyone installing this to test very thoroughly when looked out.

I'd say that this forum is the best place for support with this plugin, but for something like that perhaps https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/forum/ would be better.

Edit: We also have a slack community which may make sense as well https://www.litespeedtech.com/slack

I just want to thank you for the effort and making this work.

LiteSpeed has been my go-to WordPress caching "tool" for years now, and I was delighted to see it available for XenForo as well.

Haven't installed/configured it yet, as my forum is still very small, but I must ask: will it work with XenForo version 2.3 (and the not-so-soon-coming 3.0)? Did you have the time to do any beta testing?

Relja

I just want to thank you for the effort and making this work.

LiteSpeed has been my go-to WordPress caching "tool" for years now, and I was delighted to see it available for XenForo as well.

Haven't installed/configured it yet, as my forum is still very small, but I must ask: will it work with XenForo version 2.3 (and the not-so-soon-coming 3.0)? Did you have the time to do any beta testing?

Relja
It should work with 2.3 without issue. Harder to say for 3.x until I can get some hands on time with it.

Top Bottom