XF 1.2 Listing Forum Moderators In The Forum Main Node List

So Xenforo core software does not come with an option to list forum moderators anywhere.

This is no big deal. There is a very easy fix. :)

This is not my idea so I am not trying to take credit for it. I got the idea from a post I found by Brogan but figured I would post this here for a quick find for anyone who has the desire to list their forums moderators in the main node (forum) list on their site.

I edit the category description to add them.

View attachment 60435

This method is a little on the manual side but what a great idea.... And it doesn't require adding any extra addons.

Best part is the fact you can link the moderator tags in the forum descriptions to the moderator's profile page if you use the correct html code.

I attached a couple photos that should assist anyone that wants to add their mods to the forum list.

Directions:

Go to the ACP....

Follow this path

Apps > Node tree > Which ever forum you want to add your mods to [for this example it was our 'myco-teks' forum]

Next click on the forum and add the following code in the 'description' field

acp-view-png.63054

Once you are done with your html edit click 'save forum'

After you add that code your moderators for that forum will be listed in the main node tree below the forum tittle and will be linked to their profiles, :)

Here is an example shot of one of our forums [myco-teks] with its mods listed & linked.

forum-view-png.63060

live Demo of the moderator links here: http://mycotek.org/index.php

Last edited:
Hi
I have put the HMTL code in like you have stated above, however mine will only show the text on the site itself if I hover over the forum name, and not display like you have shown above. Any ideas?

Hi
I have put the HMTL code in like you have stated above, however mine will only show the text on the site itself if I hover over the forum name, and not display like you have shown above. Any ideas?

Jeremy is a much better person to help you answer that question if you can see the links when you hover over the forum tittle. His advice is exactly how I just fixed it for all my other styles which had the same issue you just posted about. After you posted this I realized the style I used to create this thread was the only one working without the hover over.

You'll need to disable the tool tip style property (enable description tool tips).

I used the following path to do this:

Appearance > Styles > [chose the style you want to change] Style Property > Forum/Node list

I unchecked
'Enable Forum Descriptions Tooltips' and it go rid of the hover over issue. :)

It just worked on my site with the settings the way I have them configured for the style I initially added to this threads as an example. I never would have know to do that or suggest it.... :) Thanks Jeremy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom