Lack of interest Linkedin / Share button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
would be great to also have a "Share button" for "Linked in".

Same as we currently have for FB, Twitter and G+ at "Share this page" in the sidebar and at user-profiles.

I agree. As many sites are business focused, this would be a great thing to add. Is there a way to do this manually until a proper integration is done?

I can do this for you guys.

Just to clarify - you want this to be in addition to the Facebook, Twitter and Google buttons?

Yes. I am using, xenPortal and on my recent news page, there is a bar under each article with the option to tweet, G +1, or FB the post. I would be nice if there were a way to do it on individual forum posts as well.

Ok.

I have this - before I release it would you like to test it before I release on the Resource Manager?

First upload contents to your Library folder, then install using the XML file.

If it doesn't appear then in Admin CP > Options > LinkedIn Share Button ensure it is enabled.

To use with XenPorta:

Find template "EWRblock_RecentNews":

Below:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookLike}">
<div class="facebookLike shareControl">
<xen:container var="$facebookSdk">1</xen:container>
<fb:like href="{xen:link canonical:threads, $news}" layout="button_count" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
</div>
</xen:if>

Add:

Code:
<xen:include template="share_page_linkedin" />

If there is anywhere else you want to use this (such as in posts) then just add:

Code:

To any template.

Attachments

When trying to install xml, I get this error: Please enter a valid callback method.
I can only replicate this if I haven't uploaded the files. Make sure you've uploaded the LinkedInShare folder to your Library folder.

Actually, it is sharing the recent news block as a whole, not the individual post.
Good point.

Instead of:

Code:

Replace that with:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.LinkedinEnable}">
<div class="linkedinShare shareControl" style="margin-right: 30px;">
<xen:require js="//platform.linkedin.com/in.js" />
<script type="IN/Share" data-url="{xen:link canonical:threads, $news}" data-counter="right"></script>
</div>
</xen:if>

hmmm. Strange. It works now. Probably a cache refresh. Awesome mod. Thank you so much for doing this. Post that bad boy in the resource manager!

would be great to also have a "Share button" for "Linked in".

Same as we currently have for FB, Twitter and G+ at "Share this page" in the sidebar and at user-profiles.
I agree. As many sites are business focused, this would be a great thing to add. Is there a way to do this manually until a proper integration is done?
Is anyone taking this on? I would love to have it, but don't know how to do it.

Hi guys, just quoting you all so you get an alert pop up. This has now been released:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/valvetime-net-linkedin-share-button.710/

sqzdog, nothing has changed since the version you downloaded, but you might want to watch it in case there are any changes in the future or if you need some support.

Top Bottom