• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Linkedin / Share button

Deepmartini

would be great to also have a "Share button" for "Linked in".

Same as we currently have for FB, Twitter and G+ at "Share this page" in the sidebar and at user-profiles.
I agree. As many sites are business focused, this would be a great thing to add. Is there a way to do this manually until a proper integration is done?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I can do this for you guys.

Just to clarify - you want this to be in addition to the Facebook, Twitter and Google buttons?

Yes. I am using, xenPortal and on my recent news page, there is a bar under each article with the option to tweet, G +1, or FB the post. I would be nice if there were a way to do it on individual forum posts as well.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Ok.

I have this - before I release it would you like to test it before I release on the Resource Manager?

First upload contents to your Library folder, then install using the XML file.

If it doesn't appear then in Admin CP > Options > LinkedIn Share Button ensure it is enabled.

To use with XenPorta:

Find template "EWRblock_RecentNews":

Below:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.facebookLike}">
<div class="facebookLike shareControl">
<xen:container var="$facebookSdk">1</xen:container>
<fb:like href="{xen:link canonical:threads, $news}" layout="button_count" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
</div>
</xen:if>
Add:

Code:
<xen:include template="share_page_linkedin" />

If there is anywhere else you want to use this (such as in posts) then just add:

Code:
To any template.

Attachments

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Actually, it is sharing the recent news block as a whole, not the individual post.
Good point.

Instead of:

Code:
Replace that with:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.LinkedinEnable}">
<div class="linkedinShare shareControl" style="margin-right: 30px;">
<xen:require js="//platform.linkedin.com/in.js" />
<script type="IN/Share" data-url="{xen:link canonical:threads, $news}" data-counter="right"></script>
</div>
</xen:if>

hmmm. Strange. It works now. Probably a cache refresh. Awesome mod. Thank you so much for doing this. Post that bad boy in the resource manager!

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
would be great to also have a "Share button" for "Linked in".

Same as we currently have for FB, Twitter and G+ at "Share this page" in the sidebar and at user-profiles.
I agree. As many sites are business focused, this would be a great thing to add. Is there a way to do this manually until a proper integration is done?
Is anyone taking this on? I would love to have it, but don't know how to do it.
Hi guys, just quoting you all so you get an alert pop up. This has now been released:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/valvetime-net-linkedin-share-button.710/

sqzdog, nothing has changed since the version you downloaded, but you might want to watch it in case there are any changes in the future or if you need some support.