Third party Error Using Twitter Share Button

trapped_soul

Affected version
Hi all,
Have found an error when using the Twitter share button.
The screen flickers/fades out as if trying to load the overlay then stops.

It works for everything else, such as text, WhatsApp, email et al, but won't work on Twitter.
The same applies here too, I can't share any threads etc from here.

I have tried iPhone 11, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 12 and none of them work. Latest iOS - 14.5 on some whilst the phone is iOS 14.4.2
Many thanks!

Thanks for sharing.

Seeing it in action is useful as, despite having an iOS 14 device and Twitter, I can't actually see Twitter as an option in the share sheet so I was wondering if you were seeing or doing something different.

I'll try and figure out why my phone isn't showing it and will get back to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Seeing it in action is useful as, despite having an iOS 14 device and Twitter, I can't actually see Twitter as an option in the share sheet so I was wondering if you were seeing or doing something different.

I'll try and figure out why my phone isn't showing it and will get back to you.
Most welcome & thanks Chris.

After sorting out my phone (just needed a reboot!) I was able to reproduce the issue.

However, it isn't an XF issue. If I attempt to share to Twitter from the News app, for example, the same thing happens.

Hopefully this will be fixed in an upcoming iOS or Twitter update.

After sorting out my phone (just needed a reboot!) I was able to reproduce the issue.

However, it isn't an XF issue. If I attempt to share to Twitter from the News app, for example, the same thing happens.

Hopefully this will be fixed in an upcoming iOS or Twitter update.
Aha, okay thanks for that Chris! (y) (my bad, I should have checked all other settings).

After rummaging I found this too, so it's not widely reported as of yet;

Last edited:
This appears to be resolved in the latest Twitter for iOS.

Looks like version 8.67.1.
Hello Chris,
Is that for the app? I wonder if that will also address the issue when sharing from a browser. It should do shouldn't it?
Anyway thank you for that. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom