XF 1.5 Link to start new thread in notice? Possible?

ak38

Hi guys,

So I have the create a thread button on the forum page next to the breadcrumbs - when clicked it opens a pop up from which you select which forum to post in.

Is there a way I can put a link in my notice text on the site to the pop up so someone can visit the site, see the notice, click the link and then see the popup of forum selection and post their question.

Any help greatly appreciated

Last edited:
You could always try putting the link in the notice itself:

Code:
<a href="createThreadGlobal/" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayoptions="{"fixed":true}"><span>Post New Thread</span></a>

BTW Holiday Joy plugin looks great on your site! :)

Hi guys,

So I have the create a thread button on the forum page next to the breadcrumbs - when clicked it opens a pop up from which you select which forum to post in.

Is there a way I can put a link in my notice text on the site to the pop up so someone can visit the site, see the notice, click the link and then see the popup of forum selection and post their question.

The url is: https://freecannabis.com/forums/

Any help greatly appreciated
I Like your forum, theme color is awesome. Are you using the older version or version 2 of xenforo ?

Thanks Khan, nice of you to say so.

We're still running 1.5.14, is it safe to upgrade to 2 yet? I'm worried about some of the addons not working if i upgrade.

Thanks Khan, nice of you to say so.

We're still running 1.5.14, is it safe to upgrade to 2 yet? I'm worried about some of the addons not working if i upgrade.
Yes your forum is awesome, i love it.
Do not upgrade yet to version 2 as its still under review. But I am sure next update will be final if not then the next will be for sure final. Version 2 is on its very last stage to release a stable version. Once the stable version is out then only upgrade your forum.
Indeed you will lose many addons and you have to upgrade your addons as well if you upgrade to version 2.

Cheers

Top Bottom