XF 1.3 Link Proxy Question

HWS

I tested the new link proxy feature and found the following (with default settings, right after installation):

1) Sometimes, when you click at a proxied link, you get a splash screen called "External Redirect" where you have to click at "Continue…" to load the external page.

2) And some other proxied links (the code in the html source looks exactly the same like the other ones) doesn't show such splash screens and rather directly load the external url.

I've also found that only situations like 2) are shown in the link proxy log. If you get a splash screen the use of the link is not recorded in the log (maybe a bug?)

Can someone please explain why external links are handled differently by the proxy system (see 1) and 2) above) and what exactly triggers how they are handled (if they show a splash screen or not)?

Thank you.

No, it is a brand new install. No add-ons. And the template (link_redirect) and phrases for the splash screen are official "XenForo".

Can you give a link where you're getting the intersitial? (Both the thread itself and the link where the page is being displayed.)

It's provided to prevent "open redirector" issues, but it should only happen if your hash doesn't match correctly or if the referrer is from a different site.

Reactions: HWS
Can you give a link where you're getting the intersitial? (Both the thread itself and the link where the page is being displayed.)

It's provided to prevent "open redirector" issues, but it should only happen if your hash doesn't match correctly or if the referrer is from a different site.

Sorry, I cannot give you access, as it is a local (test) install only.
But I understand now how this can happen (I changed the "Image and Link Proxy Secret Key" just before that test and some links have been posted before and some after). Thank you.

Another question:
Is it possible to force this "You are redirected" splash screen to be shown at all external links (and have the links counted in the proxy link log)?

This is happening on my site, here is an example: https://cogumelosmagicos.org/comuni...-afrodisíaco-feminino-e-imunomodulador.11671/

By clicking on the google link you get the intersitial: http://www.google.com

Can you please check it out @Mike ?

Thanks!

This is a moot point in 1.5.2. If you're getting an intersitial there, it would indicate files haven't been uploaded properly (or the latest version of JS isn't being served).

Top Bottom